• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays sign Man-Ram and Damon

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Ruger, I did the same thing with Boggs, and I agree with you about the experience of the moment.

I agree that adding Damon brings some leadership to the clubhouse. But, adding a CANCER like Manny, in my opinion , will hurt that same clubhouse more than Matt Damon can help.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Ruger, I did the same thing with Boggs, and I agree with you about the experience of the moment.

I agree that adding Damon brings some leadership to the clubhouse. But, adding a CANCER like Manny, in my opinion , will hurt that same clubhouse more than Matt Damon can help.

The Boggs night was something.  I was at USF then and was a "beer man" for the Rays as it allowed me to pick up some spending money and see some great baseball of course usually by the opposing team!  Boggs' daughter was going to USF during that time as well.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

aging primadonna superstars is not a way to win

• Content Count:  12,293

considering the rays are still one of the youngest teams in the country WITH them.....i think we are safe and you continue to blab.

look at the rangers with vlad.

• Content Count:  12,293

considering the rays are still one of the youngest teams in the country WITH them.....i think we are safe and you continue to blab.

and smazza...arent you a giants fan too?  edgar renteria, pat burrell, aubery huff, aaron rowland, etc.

and smazza...arent you a giants fan too?  edgar renteria, pat burrell, aubery huff, aaron rowland, etc.

i am nothappy about pat burrrell or roland

huff produces

giants are all about pitching away

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

huff produces

As are the Rays....pitching and defense.  The starting 5 is still one of the 5 best in the AL (depending upon how Shields rebounds....possibly the best in the AL), and while the defense will step back a little in LF and 1B, there should be improvements at SS (Brignac), 2B (S Rod) and RF (Joyce) with the youngsters getting a majority of the playing time this year.  Not to mention our backup OF (Fuld) is light years better defensively than Kapler was last year. 

Fuld is a defensive STUD who will be a great late innings defensive replacement.  You don't want him eating up 4-5 ABs a game though.  I'm willing to bet you see him replace Damon quite a bit in the 8th/9th innings this season...

huff produces

As are the Rays....pitching and defense.  The starting 5 is still one of the 5 best in the AL (depending upon how Shields rebounds....possibly the best in the AL), and while the defense will step back a little in LF and 1B, there should be improvements at SS (Brignac), 2B (S Rod) and RF (Joyce) with the youngsters getting a majority of the playing time this year.  Not to mention our backup OF (Fuld) is light years better defensively than Kapler was last year. 

\

the rays pitching isnt cloe to giants staff

They won't be good when Lincecum is out of that rotation due to having to go under the knife...

Archived