• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Newberg on JP's Show 1010

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So bashing the fans is the answer? That whining is all I ever hear. How many more fans does USF have than they had 10,5,2,1 years ago. I think everyone got spoiled because we were all of a sudden filling the stadium, like that was normal. In 2009 USF had the 3rd best Football attendance in the BE, 8,000 above the average(guess that myth is dispelled). And maybe the reason USF fans don't pay for their news on subscriber sites is because they have the best FREE blog in college football(whoops 2 down). I don't blame Josh for not wanting to work for free, cause he does this for a buck. But blame the fans, puhleeze. I appreciate that Josh sends out what he finds when he comes across it, but to suggest that USF gets equal treatment on ANY of the pay sites is absurd. We are gonna have to rely on local news recruiting guys when they finally realize that the IS a rabid USF fan base and it's getting bigger.

As far as why the students aren't taking free tickets to go to the game? someone needs to figure out why our marketing of that isn't working. I can be giving away free steak and if no one knows about it, or if someone thinks it should be a better cut, and if someone thinks it might be spoiled........... NO ONE IS GONNA COME GET THE FREE STEAK!!!!

We don't want to pay for it because we can get it for free but **** we never get a fair shake on the paysites?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

So bashing the fans is the answer? That whining is all I ever hear. How many more fans does USF have than they had 10,5,2,1 years ago. I think everyone got spoiled because we were all of a sudden filling the stadium, like that was normal. In 2009 USF had the 3rd best Football attendance in the BE, 8,000 above the average(guess that myth is dispelled). And maybe the reason USF fans don't pay for their news on subscriber sites is because they have the best FREE blog in college football(whoops 2 down). I don't blame Josh for not wanting to work for free, cause he does this for a buck. But blame the fans, puhleeze. I appreciate that Josh sends out what he finds when he comes across it, but to suggest that USF gets equal treatment on ANY of the pay sites is absurd. We are gonna have to rely on local news recruiting guys when they finally realize that the IS a rabid USF fan base and it's getting bigger.

As far as why the students aren't taking free tickets to go to the game? someone needs to figure out why our marketing of that isn't working. I can be giving away free steak and if no one knows about it, or if someone thinks it should be a better cut, and if someone thinks it might be spoiled........... NO ONE IS GONNA COME GET THE FREE STEAK!!!!

We don't want to pay for it because we can get it for free but **** we never get a fair shake on the paysites?

sounds reasonable  ;D

• Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

I think most of us were expecting hear some sort of USF talk. Apparently, it wasnt Newberg's fault that didnt happen. They usually talk about USF a good deal on that show so I was surprised it seemed to be such an afterthought. Josh, I would be interested in your thoughts on UCF / USF recruiting class. I know a few weeks ago you said you would rather have UCF's. Stars rating or not, just doesnt seem they have the overall depth our class does.

They'll talk about whatever they feel the listeners want to hear.  I'm going back on next week, so let them know you want more USF recruiting.  It was successful when we did it at their station 3-4 years ago, Bobby Fenton would have me in taking calls for over an hour, it was great. 

As far as a bulls 247 site?  I told them when they hired me to do FSU, that it would not be a problem for me to do both, at least just the recruiting side.  I haven't heard anything back, things are a little busy now and I'll try to push it in the future.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

what's the process for students to get in now? Isn't there more steps to the process now? It was pretty easy to get into the games back in the day, all you had to do was show up and they'd swip your ID, or maybe you just showed it and walked it.

The process is still the same as when you were at school there....you show up outside the gate, they swipe your student ID, I believe you then get a General Admission ticket for the student section. They never came close to selling out the student seats this season so their were no variables.

Back in 2007, the student section sold out several games, so if I recall correctly, the students had to get wristbands prior to gameday to ensure they didn't get left out, but everything was free.

• Content Count:  1,757

I think most of us were expecting hear some sort of USF talk. Apparently, it wasnt Newberg's fault that didnt happen. They usually talk about USF a good deal on that show so I was surprised it seemed to be such an afterthought. Josh, I would be interested in your thoughts on UCF / USF recruiting class. I know a few weeks ago you said you would rather have UCF's. Stars rating or not, just doesnt seem they have the overall depth our class does.

They'll talk about whatever they feel the listeners want to hear.  I'm going back on next week, so let them know you want more USF recruiting.  It was successful when we did it at their station 3-4 years ago, Bobby Fenton would have me in taking calls for over an hour, it was great. 

As far as a bulls 247 site?  I told them when they hired me to do FSU, that it would not be a problem for me to do both, at least just the recruiting side.  I haven't heard anything back, things are a little busy now and I'll try to push it in the future.

Cool, I emailed the show and asked them to get you back on to talk about some USF stuff. We will see.

what's the process for students to get in now? Isn't there more steps to the process now? It was pretty easy to get into the games back in the day, all you had to do was show up and they'd swip your ID, or maybe you just showed it and walked it.

The process is still the same as when you were at school there....you show up outside the gate, they swipe your student ID, I believe you then get a General Admission ticket for the student section. They never came close to selling out the student seats this season so their were no variables.

Back in 2007, the student section sold out several games, so if I recall correctly, the students had to get wristbands prior to gameday to ensure they didn't get left out, but everything was free.

okay, I just looked it up....seems like a pain in the butt to get tickets...

https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1431966

• Content Count:  260

Umm, wrong...

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

The process for getting a student ticket is not complicated but its not as easy as walking up the day of game.

The week before the game a student logs on to their gousfbulls.com site, hit request ticket, wait 3 days, print out ticket, go to game. They can also purchase guest tickets once they are awarded their student ticket.

• Content Count:  639

For some reason he thinks UCF's class is amazing, which is funny when you look at their class compared to ours on either of the recruiting sites.

The next few weekends have a lot of visitors coming to UCF so let's see how it finishes up. We were happy w/ Godfrey and the boys last year. About the Juco comment, everyone here knows Oleary has never gone the Juco route b/c he wanted to build a solid foundation for the program, I think he thinks he has that now and that's why he's gotten a few juco guys to fill in spots that are leaving to keep the train rolling. And one of the Jucos Jose Jose was originally a UCF commit but go into trouble, cleared up his issues, and wanted badly to still play at UCF(USC wanted him). I'm sure he's on a short leash and will make the most of his 2nd chance and Toby Jackson will be a beast on defense.

Umm, wrong...

very insightful  :D

Archived