• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Newberg on JP's Show 1010

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I missed this... Did anyone hear Josh Newberg on JP Peterson around 4:45?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

He basically talked about UF & FSU recruiting.  FSU has the #2 class and if they close strong can have the #1 class.  He thinks Chicikillo ends up at Miami.  Thinks Josh Grady ends up at USF and Josh is an important recruit because of the influence he has on other Bay area players.  He said our recruiting is OK but we need to win BE championships before we attract a lot of the local talent.  Apparently, there is a junior (class of 2012) DE in St. Petersburg who is a stud and has already committed to FSU....didn't give a name.  He was rather ho hum on USF recruiting class.  I was in out of the car so I might have missed some other stuff.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Newberg's a Nole.He is like the usual "Big Three" fan. They don't want to let us in the door especially after, in the words of the immortal Bobby Bowden, "they whupped our butt". He probably denigrates us to these recruits more than he reports on USF. It's time we get our own press, that slants the story our way. After all, lifetime record USF 1- FSU 0. Boy that's gotta hurt.

Here was Bobby's quote from Oct 29, 2008.

Ironically when Bowden was in Tampa in July, he said USF vs. FSU "eventually could happen." But he added: "You usually try to find someone you have a chance to win against, instead of getting your nose bloodied."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/29/sp-fsu-turns-down-2009-game-against-usf/

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

JP is a nole but also loves the Bulls. He talks about USF football more than anyone else in this area. He was raving about the Andre Davis commit on Monday. Newberg was a huge disappointment.  Just talked about the big three. For some reason he thinks UCF's class is amazing, which is funny when you look at their class compared to ours on either of the recruiting sites.

• Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

JP is a nole, but he seems to make an effort to give the Bulls props.  I believe he's friends with Skip going back to his FSU days.  Newberg was a major disappointment.  Even talked about how well Al Golden is doing at UM....Shannon left things in shambles and they have like 8 committs.  Go figure.

• Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are funny. 

They asked me to come on yesterday to talk FSU recruiting.

I told them I could talk USF and general Tampa Bay recruiting as well.  I also said I'd be willing to come in and take calls (that will probably happen next week).

I can't control what we talked about, I don't ask the questions.  They said we'd talk FSU and USF.  Obviously they asked me a lot about FSU, UF and UM, then threw in some USF stuff...not sure there was anything else I could do but answer the questions.

All I can say is email the show, tell them you want me to come on to talk USF recruiting.  I could do an entire hour on it if they asked me to.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

You guys are funny. 

I told them I could talk USF and general Tampa Bay recruiting as well.  I also said I'd be willing to come in and take calls (that will probably happen next week).

I can't control what we talked about, I don't ask the questions.  They said we'd talk FSU and USF.  Obviously they asked me a lot about FSU, UF and UM, then threw in some USF stuff...not sure there was anything else I could do but answer the questions.

All I can say is email the show, tell them you want me to come on to talk USF recruiting.  I could do an entire hour on it if they asked me to.

:D .... Busted.

They need to get you in there for an hour, once a week until 2/2 .... Only thing going on locally, as far as they're concerned, is the Lightning so they shouldn't have a problem finding room.

newberg does a lot on the USF recruiting front...

You guys are funny. 

when will we see a USF 247sports?

Archived