• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 points - coaching and DEs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

1.  I love Leavitt and what he's done for USF, but it's nice to not get out coached in a bowl game. 

2.  I think USF was prepared for #93 - Bowers (no sacks, but had some tackles) because we practice against NFL caliber DE's every day (this year and last year with St Paul and Selvie)

Good win Bulls!!!!  We are very young and looking good.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

when was leavitt out-coached in a bowl game...?

the bowl games we lost... the other team was flat out more talented.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

when was leavitt out-coached in a bowl game...?

the bowl games we lost... the other team was flat out more talented.

we still shouldn't have lost that bad to Oregon.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

the oregon game wasn't that much talent. it was coaching. usf didn't change anything for the bowl; oregon did.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

the oregon game wasn't that much talent. it was coaching. usf didn't change anything for the bowl; oregon did.

you mean like hurting 10 of our starters?

you do realize we had rolled three teams straight heading into the bowl practices?

• Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

Let me rephrase - not getting out coached.  I can name numerous times where we were out coached in regular season games.. what I originally meant, but didn't phrase well, was that it was nice to not get out coached.

That said, our defense is so much better this year than last.. and they are young.. Can't wait to see them destroy some big east teams next year.

• Content Count:  3,647

Oregon outcoached us in the Sun Bowl....you can call it whatever you want, but they were down to their 3rd string QB who was a walk on and didn't even stay with the team the following season.

Jonathan Stewart was a beast but when you are hearing that their players are laughing at our players and telling them they know what plays we are calling before we run them.....I call that getting outcoached.

Same way the Bucs outcoached Oakland in the Superbowl.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Oregon outcoached us in the Sun Bowl....you can call it whatever you want, but they were down to their 3rd string QB who was a walk on and didn't even stay with the team the following season.

Jonathan Stewart was a beast but when you are hearing that their players are laughing at our players and telling them they know what plays we are calling before we run them.....I call that getting outcoached.

I thought that was rutgers?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

some people choose to dwell on the past regardless of how bad they felt during that time

my take has always been pretty simple, I'd rather have played and lost than never played at all.

• Content Count:  3,647

I thought that was rutgers?

It was kind of both. Oregon players were telling us they knew our plays....during the game.

Rutgers players were saying Schiano made fun of Leavitt and Co. and said USF was the worst coached team in BE. The players claimed Schiano said we ran the same tired offense over and over.

I don't care either way. You can call it living in the past but someone asked when was Leavitt outcoached in a Bowl game. The answer is Sun Bowl.....now that was the only Bowl game he was outcoached in. The 2005 MCCB....USF lost because they just did not have the talent. Obviously, Leavitt won his other 3 bowls so it would be hard to say someone outcoached him .

I am glad Leavitt built this program and appreciate what he did for it and I am also happy with what coach Holtz is doing.

Archived