• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MCCB Tailgating Intel....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,764
  • Days Won:  3

There's a thread on here - somewhere - expressing concern about grilling and alcohol consumption. There is a considerable number of lots around the stadium, mostly all privately owned, and the published prohibition of grilling and alcohol is probably not accurate. In particular, as long as your consumption is restricted to the lot (e.g. you can't drink on the street, sidewalk or walk off the property with a drink) there shouldn't be a problem. She suggested just walking down Tryon Street and finding one in progress. If it were me, I'd recon some spots the day prior. Just wanted to clarify that the tailgating situation may be more agreeable than previously advertised.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,764
  • Days Won:  3

from my operative...

"Best to stay southeast of the stadium. There are tons of open surface lots , most of which allow grill+alcohol tailgating. Border streets are Church, 4th, Caldwell and Stonewall. They should start to the Stonewall side and move toward downtown as needed.

Your buddies will be able to tell right away which ones to target, as they'll see tents and grill smoke rising like a wildfire in those lots. Within this area, they'll pay between $10-$20. Outside of this area, it's either really sketchy (which may appeal to them), full of wine&cheese patrons who couldn't care less about the game, or too far to walk to the stadium while intoxicated."

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a bit worried about the parking situation for this game.  Keep in mind, this game is on a Friday, which is still a business day.  Even though it is New Years eve, it is a busy day for many industries, so it is possible many people will not take this day off.

That means all these parking lots will be full due to the regular workers who walk into downtown.  Since there is practically no parking at the stadium, it could present a problem.  I used to work in downtown Charlotte and parked at a lot on the corner of Morehead and Winnifred, and these lots were always full.  Although this was before they started the bowl games, so I don't know what they do now. 

Any thoughts on this? 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm a bit worried about the parking situation for this game.  Keep in mind, this game is on a Friday, which is still a business day.  Even though it is New Years eve, it is a busy day for many industries, so it is possible many people will not take this day off.

That means all these parking lots will be full due to the regular workers who walk into downtown.  Since there is practically no parking at the stadium, it could present a problem.  I used to work in downtown Charlotte and parked at a lot on the corner of Morehead and Winnifred, and these lots were always full.  Although this was before they started the bowl games, so I don't know what they do now. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Good point... I did not factor this into my earlier calls to EZ Parking who owns a lot of the lots West of the stadium.

Walk to the game from your hotel...parking problem solved!!

Yeah, but if everyone did that, there won't be any cars to tailgate at! 

Besides, I'm staying with friends outside of downtown, so that doesn't really work for me.  We're thinking of getting down there around 9am.  Maybe even earlier. 

Guest Sunburned

Walk to the game from your hotel...parking problem solved!!

Yeah, but if everyone did that, there won't be any cars to tailgate at! 

Besides, I'm staying with friends outside of downtown, so that doesn't really work for me.  We're thinking of getting down there around 9am.  Maybe even earlier. 

Personally with the weather in Charlotte, I'd opt for a nice "tailgate" breakfast in the hotel dining room rather than in some uptown parking lot...it's 33 degrees there right now.  The prediction for the 31st is - Low 37, High 53, 30% chance of showers!

• Content Count:  4,642

sounds like nice weather to me!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Any thoughts on this? 

Shouldn't be much of an issue... the majority of the Uptown offices are financial centers that will be closed that day. I wouldn't anticipate a parking problem.

Any thoughts on this? 

Shouldn't be much of an issue... the majority of the Uptown offices are financial centers that will be closed that day. I wouldn't anticipate a parking problem.

Actually, this is one of the odd years where New Years is on a weekend, so most business will not get a day off.  Banks are all open.  Stock market is open.  It is actually a busy day as many transactions take place the last day of the year. 

Archived