• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CANES lose Q.B. Bulls Pick-up 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Leavitt doesn't have to say anything.  Anybody who has seen your starting QB on tv can tell what's going on.  ;)

Good grief! A ucfer  might actually be on to something here....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

_566045_good_grief.gif

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I hope it's NOT Déjà Vu all over again!  :-/

c4b_football.gif

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I always though Hill could be a QB.  But it did appear as if the relationship had cooled somewhat because of the low number of schollies available, the high level of talent available this year, and that kid Shaw was commited as a QB.  Hill did say Shaw's decommitment had a slight impact on his decision.  But is it possible that Miami had made a head fake on him?  I'd have to say so.  Bien was really pimping the low number of scholarships as a possibility that he wasn't going to get offered.  I'm sorry for believing him.

But let's look at the situation.

USF gets a commitment because Miami doesn't communicate with Hill.

A letter from Coker that is handwritten goes to Hill's mailbox.

Decommit.  Strong lean to Miami.

Commitments are filling in fast at Miami.

Lean back to USF.

Shaw pulls out.  Hill will be the only QB signed this year.  

Strong lean to Miami.

Who's in the driver's seat?  

Miami can swoop in on any kid at any given moment and take him.

Hey fool, I am sick of you half-truthing everything I say.  It wasn't just the limited scholarships it was also the fact Derek Shaw was committed.  On the other hand, Hill isn't the only QB they're pursuing, reports that they talked to Beck, and they still have Ryan Perrilloux coming for a visit.

We now get to see if our coaches can grab one from the big boys.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Hey fool, I am sick of you half-truthing everything I say.  It wasn't just the limited scholarships it was also the fact Derek Shaw was committed.  On the other hand, Hill isn't the only QB they're pursuing, reports that they talked to Beck, and they still have Ryan Perrilloux coming for a visit.

We now get to see if our coaches can grab one from the big boys.

Whatever.  If you would post under your registered account more often, I coul d go back and check.  I'll take a look but I'm not hopeful we'll find that info.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

In all seriousness, it might be in Carlton's best interest to play for Miami given their high percentage of players taken in the NFL draft.  He'll face the best competition in the nation every day in practice.  If he wins the job, it will be an awesome accomplishment.  There's a downside, but if the guy believes in himself he'll probably take a shot at Miami.  What if we see him starting in a NC game his freshman year?  That would be rubbing salt in the wound.

And if he doesn't get the job, he can transfer to another school.  Sit out a year and then enjoy 2-3 fruitful years as a starter at another 1A school.

Oh junk.  I had a really funny thought.  Imagine he doesn't start at Miami.  Decides to transfer and comes to UCF.  Oh Goodness.  You guys would probably hire a hitman. ;)

why would anyone, not just athletes, want to go to UCF?

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

why would anyone, not just athletes, want to go to UCF?

thats an awesome question....

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

When you two were selecting schools, did you research all the universities in Florida or did you pick USF because it was in driving distance?  Yes there are reasons why it much more difficult to get accepted at UCF than USF.  Rehashing those reasons here is not a good idea.

You guys should lighten up.  The Carlton Hill thing was a joke.  

haha... thats funny....   there was absolutely NOTHING at all that appealed to me at UCF when I made my decision on schools and UCF is actually closer to home than USF for me

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

When you two were selecting schools, did you research all the universities in Florida or did you pick USF because it was in driving distance?  Yes there are reasons why it much more difficult to get accepted at UCF than USF.  Rehashing those reasons here is not a good idea.

You guys should lighten up.  The Carlton Hill thing was a joke.  

Thats the funniest thing Ive heard in a while. "Much more difficult to get accepted at UCF than USF", hah, what dream world are you livin in.  The school affectionately known to all high school grads as U Cant Fail University is by no means hard to get accepted to.  Be happy with another lowly ranked recruiting class under O'leary.  

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Do you even know what the statistics are for freshmen who get accepted at UCF versus USF?

No, but if you do, that's pretty sad!   ;)