• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flying or Driving-What are your plans for Charlotte

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

We're driving, and probably just staying Thursday night--but we're starting in Georgia.  As to temp, we're going regardless. Take layers, hats, and gloves--works even for women and babies.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Flying $225

US Air 12/31 TPA 6:55AM - CLT 8:33AM

US Air 12/31 CLT 8:00PM - TPA 9:45PM

No bags or hotel needed.

While I can't deny that's an affordable way to go to the Bowl Game, the game is only a part of the bowl experience.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Flying $225

US Air 12/31 TPA 6:55AM - CLT 8:33AM

US Air 12/31 CLT 8:00PM - TPA 9:45PM

No bags or hotel needed.

While I can't deny that's an affordable way to go to the Bowl Game, the game is only a part of the bowl experience.

But if that's all you have the time for, it's better than nothing ....

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Driving...

Leaving as soon as I can convince my wife to get her butt in the car and coming back as close to work on Monday as I can. 

24 round trip drive with a 2 1/2 year old. I just hope the snow stays away and he isn't a royal pain in the a$$ all the way there or back. 

Also looked up weather and in the next two weeks they expect the high to range from 59 down to 29.  That means that it could be colder than would be tolerable for a 2 1/2 year old and a wife...

So, how cold would it have to be for you to ditch your tickets and watch the game from a nice sports bar ofter you traveled all of the way to Charlotte??????

To be safe I would prepare for snow... not saying that it will snow, just that it will most likely be cold enough to snow. Bring layered clothing, gloves, head gear, and maybe even something for your face. Also don't bring the cheap ole target or wal-mart knitted stuff... you will need to bring the actual cold weather stuff that is insulated.

We went to Stone Mt. a few years back after the St. Pete Bowl and it got down to 12 or so degree's for the high... it did not snow but everything froze solid. We had to run out to a TJ Max and buy new stuff because we brought the stuff from target / wal-mart.

The Cold up there is colder then it is down here... 30 degree up there is like 20 degrees down here.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Driving up from Tampa on the 29th and returning back on the 1st.  Thank goodness for my "old" down coat.  Went to NY December 7th 2 years ago for baby Bull's PhD graduation and that coat was a life saver.

Hope to see a whole lot of familiar faces there.

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, in all honesty my wife will have to drag me and my 2 1/2 year old son out frozen solid before we leave the game. 

We will be prepared as we have quite a bit of cold weather gear from some trips to Ireland and Nova Scotia.  My only concern is the wind and snow if there is any.  I don't want to get my son frozen stiff or anything. 

I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME. 

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

EAR MUFFS - If you keep your ears warm, you'll be much happier.

Archived