• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: Meet Bobby Eveld, the new favorite calf of the USF Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Eveld is a real quarterback... BJD is a running back that can throw the ball... we lost Cuse because BJD could not be a quarterback, all we needed was some basic quarterbacking talents and BJD was not there, same thing against Pitt and WV.

If Eveld came in earlier in the season then we most likely would probably be Big East Champs right now.

Come on man - BE Champs ?  I am excited and really liked the way Eveld looked but BE Champs ? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Bobby Eveld's performance in this game was not great. It was barely good.

Dude WHAT are you talking about?!?!

His performance was excellent

Here is Daniels' stat line against Cincinnati:

13/16 (81 percent) 286 yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions. Passer rating of 272. Also, nine carries for 35 yards and two touchdowns.

Against Rutgers:

10/17 (58 percent) 149 yards, two touchdowns, one interception. Passer rating of 159.

Here is Eveld's stat line against Miami:

8/15 (53 percent), 120 yards, zero touchdowns. Passer rating of 120. Also, four carries for -9 yards (that's negative) and a touchdown.

Bobby Eveld didn't do anything yesterday that BJ Daniels hasn't demonstrated himself to be capable of doing. So this is a stupid discussion. Premature at best.

I'm not trying to insult him, I think he was very impressive. Way better than I expected. But the post I responded to above is still nonsense.

If Eveld's horrible slip up at his own goal line was correctly called a safety, he might have cost USF the game and we'd be having a very different discussion today. There's no need to make immediate judgments constantly about everything that has happened in the past 30 seconds of your life.

• Content Count:  259

Eveld is a real quarterback... BJD is a running back that can throw the ball... we lost Cuse because BJD could not be a quarterback, all we needed was some basic quarterbacking talents and BJD was not there, same thing against Pitt and WV.

If Eveld came in earlier in the season then we most likely would probably be Big East Champs right now.

Totally agree with this statement.  We don't need Carson Palmer or a Tim Tebow.... we just need a guy that can throw a basic 8 yard slant and a 20 yard out.  And we also need a guy that throws the ball away.  BJ straight up can't do it.

It's hard to imagine we would have lost that Pitt or Cuse game with Bobby in there. 

The Cuse game was the worst example.  All those wide open looks BJ missed.  Makes me lose sleep.

• Content Count:  259

Bobby Eveld's performance in this game was not great. It was barely good.

Dude WHAT are you talking about?!?!

His performance was excellent

13/16 (81 percent) 286 yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions. Passer rating of 272. Also, nine carries for 35 yards and two touchdowns.

Against Rutgers:

10/17 (58 percent) 149 yards, two touchdowns, one interception. Passer rating of 159.

8/15 (53 percent), 120 yards, zero touchdowns. Passer rating of 120. Also, four carries for -9 yards (that's negative) and a touchdown.

Bobby Eveld didn't do anything yesterday that BJ Daniels hasn't demonstrated himself to be capable of doing. So this is a stupid discussion. Premature at best.

I'm not trying to insult him, I think he was very impressive. Way better than I expected. But the post I responded to above is still nonsense.

If Eveld's horrible slip up at his own goal line was correctly called a safety, he might have cost USF the game and we'd be having a very different discussion today. There's no need to make immediate judgments constantly about everything that has happened in the past 30 seconds of your life.

Reading stupid posts like this is just laughable.

The dude threw an great slant pass in overtime.  He threw a great touch pass to bogan on the game tying drive and converted i believe two third downs.  ALL things Bj couldnt' do.

A half blind football scout could tell you that Eveld was a ten times better passer and had a better football IQ than daniels.

Give me a break bro.  What a laughable post.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

"If a dog's going to bite you,'' Holtz said, "he'll do it as a pup. I thought Bobby Eveld stepped in there and showed some teeth.''

LOVE this quote!  Hotzism of the week for sure.

Guest nybullsfan

Against Rutgers:

Apples to Oranges. UC and RU have the worst 2 defense in a down BE this year. Miami's, while not the best, is much better than either.

Eveld is the hero THIS WEEK. That's enough for me. I'm enjoying the very warm afterglow of a win over UM.

Whoever starts next week is CSH's call - he's a lot smarter than me, that's for sure.

• Content Count:  33

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but the announcers for the game said that Miami had the #1 pass defense in the country. Maybe someone can look up this stat. If so, that makes Eveld's accomplishment all the more impressive. Not saying he's our future cause we gotta see if he can sustain this, but he looked pretty good on those final drives.

Eveld is the hero THIS WEEK. That's enough for me. I'm enjoying the very warm afterglow of a win over UM.

Whoever starts next week is CSH's call - he's a lot smarter than me, that's for sure.

I absolutely agree with you. Eveld is the hero this week. That's different from saying he's obviously going to be a good quarterback for USF, or that he's better than Daniels. Only time will tell that, not one half of football against a team underachieving so badly their coach was fired the next day. Eveld was awesome yesterday, but that's all it is so far.

That's all I'm trying to say. If Eveld does get a start next week and plays poorly, I just don't want to have to hear the OTHER side come out and say, "see, Daniels is obviously the answer!" Because that argument is just never going to end and there's just no way to definitively determine right now which is better. The dude has played one half. He's hardly the first backup to come into a game unexpectedly and play well. But not every one of them in the past has turned into a good starter, because sometimes it's just a matter of a defense not being prepared for him. Anyone who thinks they have enough material to judge these two relative to each other just hasn't watched much football.

I also agree that Skip Holtz is much smarter than me when it comes to choosing football players. It's the guys insisting Eveld is a better choice than Daniels, even as Holtz continually goes with Daniels, who think they are smarter than Holtz.

Just to be clear, I'm also saying there's not enough evidence for any of us to say Daniels is better either. That's why I defer to Holtz.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

In the two years that I have been watching BJD, I haven't seen him take the ball, down by 7, with under 5 minutes to go, and put together a TD drive for the tie. He had a chance against RU, and a chance against Pitt. He had chances last year. I haven't seen the "it" that it takes to bring your team back when the game is on the line.

In the two years that I have been watching BJD, I haven't seen him take the ball, down by 7, with under 5 minutes to go, and put together a TD drive for the tie. He had a chance against RU, and a chance against Pitt. He had chances last year. I haven't seen the "it" that it takes to bring your team back when the game is on the line.

Against Pitt, Daniels hit two receivers in the hands on plays that would have put USF right on the doorstep. Both times, the receiver couldn't make the catch (in one case, there was interference).

You can blame that on Daniels if you want, but then, I can call your logic silly.

Also, USF has made three fourth quarter comebacks in the past month, after more than three years without a fourth quarter comeback. I'll leave it to you to figure out who was quarterbacking the first two.

Archived