• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz: QB change made because of injury, not performance (St. Pete Times)

Skip on the post-game radio show said that BJ came to him at halftime and told him something popped on one of the last plays near halftime... and that it his quad was very sore and that he probably couldn't run much... so Skip decided not to put BJ in the pocket for Miami could tee-off on him.

Not only was it an injury, but it was BJ himself who brought the issue forward.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks Jim.

BJ is a team player who did the bigger thing to pull himself.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I thought it had to be an injury, because he just didn't seem to be visibly upset at any point. Not saying he necessarily would have been pouting the whole time, but it was just something about his body language. He was out there as excited as anybody in the celebratory mob after the game.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

i think you start BJ vs Uconn IF healthy but Eveld managed the game and didn't force turnovers. just the 1 penalty on grounding was his only mistake

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for posting that JIm. Was wondering what was up with BJ, you could tell he was not right at all on that last drive of the 1st half. Eveld came in and did what needed to be done and thank God he was ready to play. BJ was doing the part of a leader by cheering and pumping up the guys during breaks. GO BULLS..... God i love it when DA U(niversity of North Havana) loses.

i think you start BJ vs Uconn IF healthy but Eveld managed the game and didn't force turnovers. just the 1 penalty on grounding was his only mistake

And the slip that I think USF was lucky to not have called a safety. But other than that I think he was pretty impressive.

• Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to see Eveld at least start the game. I've been saying all season that we need to stick with Bj but with this last game Eveld has shown he should at least get a chance to show what he can do.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

it's kind of strange to see what appears to be the hatred of BJ with the joy expressed over "BJ is BENCHED" during this game when last year he was our hero who made beating FSU possible-- after replacing an injured Matt Grothe to start the game.

Can you imagine someone being happy about a kid being hurt who is trying his best to win a game you are watching? That is pathetic.

I am happy with the win and that Eveld was able to get it done. But if BJ is ok next week, he needs to play.

it's kind of strange to see what appears to be the hatred of BJ with the joy expressed over "BJ is BENCHED" during this game when last year he was our hero who made beating FSU possible-- after replacing an injured Matt Grothe to start the game.

Can you imagine someone being happy about a kid being hurt who is trying his best to win a game you are watching? That is pathetic.

I am happy with the win and that Eveld was able to get it done. But if BJ is ok next week, he needs to play.

I agree with all of this. I can't decide if people just become jerks when they're talking about sports, or if it's because of the anonymity of the Internet. Either way, it's a knee jerk reaction.

Where were all the people demanding Daniels be yanked last year, or before this year?

Archived