• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs. Liberty game thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

A couple of interesting notes on Anderson's first half. First, from Greg Auman via Twitter:

<i>USF's Ron Anderson is personally outrebounding Liberty 15-12 at halftime</i>

And then from USF, also via Twitter:

<i>Anderson Jr grabs 15 rebounds to tie the school record (since the 2002-03 season) for most rebounds in a half.</i>

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several times we have broke the press and had 2 on 1 opportunities and Heath has the guys pull the ball back out to set up in halfcourt. This **** is so annoying to point I can't wait until 2 years from now when Woolard gets it right.

If you're suggesting Woolard is going to hire somebody better than Heath in two years, you don't really get it. With almost every post you make, I find myself wondering even more just how you consider yourself to be some sort of college basketball expert (and you very obviously do).

Stan Heath is the absolute best coach USF could hope to have right now. He's better than USF could hope to have, really.

I honestly don't know how people go watch USF games, especially this year. It's hard to watch on TV.

So please quit watching. Your whining gets repetitive.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Every possession the shot clocks is close to expiring. Even the announcer can't understand USF doesn't look up court to find Anderson who gets down floor in a hurry to establish deep post position.

Several times we have broke the press and had 2 on 1 opportunities and Heath has the guys pull the ball back out to set up in halfcourt. This **** is so annoying to point I can't wait until 2 years from now when Woolard gets it right.

If you're suggesting Woolard is going to hire somebody better than Heath in two years, you don't really get it. With almost every post you make, I find myself wondering even more just how you consider yourself to be some sort of college basketball expert (and you very obviously do).

Stan Heath is the absolute best coach USF could hope to have right now. He's better than USF could hope to have, really.

I honestly don't know how people go watch USF games, especially this year. It's hard to watch on TV.

So please quit watching. Your whining gets repetitive.

Don't worry I'm not going to keep bringing it up. It is repetitive since I know Heath just doesn'.t get it. I mean he hasn't gotten it in all these years why should I expect him to now. As the games go on more and more people will start seeing things like I do so I won't have to say it, as others will including you.  Really saves me the trouble. Then in the end I will be the one leading the parade of "I told you so.

**** I was gonna put Anderson leading scorer

Seven points for him already ties a season high, according to the USF Athletics twitter feed.

he's averaging like 13 points a game. whoever posted that on the usf athletics twitter is wrong.

I just read this again and it happened to occur to me: They probably meant rebounds, not points.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Actually watched this game tonight - though I'm not a huge basketball guy anymore.

The Anderson guy was doing pretty well. Noriega was also showing improvement.

Definitely were playing an inferior team tonight, as USF was really sloppy at times. They need to gel and find their chemistry quick, because the massive amount of turnovers will doom them on nights they're not playing an equivalent of the local high school.

This team seems to struggle to make 60-65 points, that's not going to fly come Big East play. The defense seems pretty good, but it's only going to get them so far.

I saw parts of the FAU-UF game. They were tied coming out of the half it seems, and FAU looks pretty healthy.

In other news, UConn just upset The Fighting Izzos out in Maui. Score one for the Big East! Bad news is that UConn was picked to finish 10th in the BE, but is 4-0 now and has a #2 notch in their resume - they may be better than expected.

• Content Count:  5,881

Actually watched this game tonight - though I'm not a huge basketball guy anymore.

Definitely were playing an inferior team tonight, as USF was really sloppy at times. They need to gel and find their chemistry quick, because the massive amount of turnovers will doom them on nights they're not playing an equivalent of the local high school.

This team seems to struggle to make 60-65 points, that's not going to fly come Big East play. The defense seems pretty good, but it's only going to get them so far.

I saw parts of the FAU-UF game. They were tied coming out of the half it seems, and FAU looks pretty healthy.

In other news, UConn just upset The Fighting Izzos out in Maui. Score one for the Big East! Bad news is that UConn was picked to finish 10th in the BE, but is 4-0 now and has a #2 notch in their resume - they may be better than expected.

Agreed. That Anderson guy is going to be a good one.

I was meaning to watch that game, ****! Anyway UCONN has outstanding guard play and in basketball you win with that. Kemba Walker is a monster too. He has a chance to lead the BE in scoring this season.

Btw I hope it's a replay of that game later because those are two of my favorite teams to watch.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Crater's ankle swelled up pretty bad from yesterday to today, He's scheduled for an MRI tomorrow morning. He's questionable for this weekend (I'd seriously lean towards doubtful) and Burwell will continue to start.

Archived