• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This team would be dangerous with a franchise RB or QB...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Certainly BJ is not blameless, but our receivers very rarely get open.there are so many times he has such a small window to into. Bogan seems to be the only downfield threat. Not talking about deep balls, I'm talking about any ball that is thrown past the line of scrimmage.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

To me it's the chicken or the egg argument. Is the play calling bad because BJ's playing poorly or, is BJ playing poorly because the play calling's bad? The dump off pass within that last 30 seconds, Inexcusable. No matter what play was called you just don't do that.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

To me it's the chicken or the egg argument. Is the play calling bad because BJ's playing poorly or, is BJ playing poorly because the play calling's bad? The dump off pass within that last 30 seconds, Inexcusable. No matter what play was called you just don't do that.

If you're talking about the screen pass to Murray, that was a great call. He had 60 yards of open space in front of him. Too bad he can't catch a ball that hits him right in the hands. That's not Holtz's fault, it's not Daniels' fault, it was Murray's fault and nobody else's.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If you're talking about the screen pass to Murray, that was a great call. He had 60 yards of open space in front of him. Too bad he can't catch a ball that hits him right in the hands. That's not Holtz's fault, it's not Daniels' fault, it was Murray's fault and nobody else's.

I think hes talking about the dump in the flats where we didn't get out of bounds

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Oh yeah, I forgot about that play. I agree, what the hell was that play call?

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

That whole thing was a clusterfuck. I'm pretty sure the sequence went like this -- BJ tries to walk off the field thinking Holtz is calling a timeout, Skip tells him to get the hell back out there, they rushed the next play which was that screen, we lost yards, lost tons of times, and had to call the timeout anyways since he was in bounds. I watched it in-person so I could have my chain of events out of order, but it felt like a huge cup of fail.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I imagine the call was a deep ball, but it wasn't there, so BJ checked it down (play shouldn't have had a WR there, run out of the pocket and throw it away). Again, the score board was wrong on Timeouts, BJ likely thought that we had one, so he didn't know how devastating it would be if Hornes couldn't get OB.

...and before you say that he's stupid for that, I am sure that he was talking to his offense and coaching staff while we used 2 timeouts on defense. If the score board is wrong, the coaching staff needs to make him aware of that before he goes out for that drive. IMHO, there is no excuse for the scoreboard being wrong at your home field in that situation. Bush League.

Archived