• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Passing Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

And then when teams blitz and BJ gets sacked or runs around a throws a pick people wonder where the short passing game is. 

Oh I don't wonder where the short passing game is.  I pray that Coach Holtz has given it to his good friend Al Gore to put in a lock box and throw away the key.  Cause I know right where the short passing game was - in the toilet.  I just think we aren't being honest with ourselves if we sit around and say our QB problems are solved, BJ has improved dramatically.  He has shown limited improvement, Holtz understanding of what he can do has improved dramatically and our game plan has been adjusted.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475

I just think we aren't being honest with ourselves if we sit around and say our QB problems are solved, BJ has improved dramatically.  He has shown limited improvement, Holtz understanding of what he can do has improved dramatically and our game plan has been adjusted.

It has been demonstrated that USF can win with BJ Daniels at quarterback. That's all that matters.

Also, the coaches seem convinced Daniels is the best choice they have right now, so it doesn't really matter whether the problem is "solved" until the end of the season anyway.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I just think we aren't being honest with ourselves if we sit around and say our QB problems are solved, BJ has improved dramatically.  He has shown limited improvement, Holtz understanding of what he can do has improved dramatically and our game plan has been adjusted.

It has been demonstrated that USF can win with BJ Daniels at quarterback. That's all that matters.

Also, the coaches seem convinced Daniels is the best choice they have right now, so it doesn't really matter whether the problem is "solved" until the end of the season anyway.

daniels is the best option we have and will probably continue to be the best option for the next 2 years ;/

• Content Count:  10,369

No doubt, I have been critical of those calling for him to be benched in favor of a (talented) walk-in true freshman.  Certainly not suggesting we bench the guy and I tip my hat to our head coach for finding ways to win.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We need to fix the passing game... half of the problem is BJ, and the other half is the wide outs... there was a number of times where Bogan stopped running the route, turned around to early, or dropped the ball.

Its a mixture of poor passing accuracy and bad catching skills... this can only be fixed by bringing in new talent.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

And then when teams blitz and BJ gets sacked or runs around a throws a pick people wonder where the short passing game is. 

Oh I don't wonder where the short passing game is.  I pray that Coach Holtz has given it to his good friend Al Gore to put in a lock box and throw away the key.  Cause I know right where the short passing game was - in the toilet.  I just think we aren't being honest with ourselves if we sit around and say our QB problems are solved, BJ has improved dramatically.  He has shown limited improvement, Holtz understanding of what he can do has improved dramatically and our game plan has been adjusted.

I'm not one of those that think are QB situation is "solved".  But for years people on here have complained about the play calling against the blitz.  The quick passes are one way to try to beat the blitz.  And there were some counter-draws called on 3rd downs.  They didn't work, but the play calling wasn't that bad.

Archived