• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF as an addition to the Big East....

BullFan98

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I dislike UCF as much as the next Bull, but I have come to the realization that adding UCF to the Big East will help make the Big East Football conference better and will not hurt USF football in recruiting.  Clearly UCF is a much better football team that Nova, that is a given.  I believe the Orlando market is better than what PA has to offer.  UCF, in my opinion, is on the right track to becoming a very good football team.  My initial concern was with recruiting and how UCF might hurt USF if added to the Big East.  However, we have won all four (I believe that number is correct) meetings.  Therefore, we have the upper hand when it comes to recruiting within the conference.  Also, the renewed rivalry between USF & UCF will make for great attendance and TV viewership with a new Big East Network.  UCF, in my humble opinion, after TCU is the best realistic choice to be added to the Big East.  Obviously we would all like to have Notre Dame added, even more so than TCU, but that is not happening.  I have come to terms with UCF being a viable candidate. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone talks about markets, but you have to figure out if that market actually cares about what's on tv on that particular channel.  I'll give you some words of wisdom:  THE ORLANDO MARKET IS AN EXTENSION OF GAINESVILLE AND RANDOM SEC TEAMS.  NO ONE WATCHES UCF! HA!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

The Orlando market is better than the Philadelphia market?

Believe the previous poster meant in regards to College Football...as Philly, just like NYC, is 90% plus geared toward professional sports...and if anyone is a college football fan in the city, odds are they are a Penn St fan...much more so than Nova or even Temple.

Remember, Philly use to be home to a Big East Football program...but they became the first and only city to ever LOSE a BCS Team because of poor support (Temple).

And for Nova...here was their attendance during their playoff run last year in the Div I-AA Playoffs (all games played at Nova):

Villanova 2009 Playoff Attendance:

1st Round: 4,319

Quarter Finals: 2,661

Semi-Finals: 4,171

3 Playoff Game Home Average Attendance for Nova: 3,717

Larger and better.

Believe the previous poster meant in regards to College Football...as Philly, just like NYC, is 90% plus geared toward professional sports...and if anyone is a college football fan in the city, odds are they are a Penn St fan...much more so than Nova or even Temple.

Remember, Philly use to be home to a Big East Football program...but they became the first and only city to ever LOSE a BCS Team because of poor support (Temple).

And for Nova...here was their attendance during their playoff run last year in the Div I-AA Playoffs (all games played at Nova):

Villanova 2009 Playoff Attendance:

1st Round: 4,319

Quarter Finals: 2,661

Semi-Finals: 4,171

3 Playoff Game Home Average Attendance for Nova: 3,717

Yes, didn't think I needed clarification on that, but yes in college football....and thanks for the stats.

• Content Count:  1,757

The whole point of this is to survive another plundering of the BE. The only way you can bolster your AQ status is by adding teams that have had success playing other BCS teams. I understand the argument of facilities and markets, but you need to add a school who immediately brings respectability to the conference in Football. TCU does that. UCF absolutely does not

TCU

2005 (No. 14), 2008 (No. 11), 2009 (No. 4).

Football budget: $20.6 million

Athletic department budget: $52.4 million

Record vs. BCS teams since 2005: 11-2

UCF

TV market rank: No. 19 (Orlando)

Final BCS rankings: None

Football budget: $8.5 million

Athletic department budget: $35.6 million

Record vs. BCS teams since 2005: 1-16

• Content Count:  1,757

At least ECU is 7-15 against BCS teams

TCU

TV market rank: No. 5 (Dallas-Fort Worth)

Final BCS rankings: 2000 (No. 14), 2003 (No. 18), 2005 (No. 14), 2008 (No. 11), 2009 (No. 4).

Football budget: $20.6 million

Athletic department budget: $52.4 million

Record vs. BCS teams since 2005: 11-2

Central Florida

TV market rank: No. 19 (Orlando)

Athletic department budget: $35.6 million

Record vs. BCS teams since 2005: 1-16

Temple

TV market rank: No. 4 (Philadelphia)

Football budget: $10 million

Athletic department budget: $28.7 million

Record vs. BCS teams since 2005: 1-18

East Carolina

TV market rank: No. 26 (Raleigh-Durham)

Athletic department budget: $28.4 million

Record vs. BCS teams since 2005: 7-15

• Content Count:  471

TCU and UCF would be great football additons right now.  I wouldnt add Nova until they bulit a new stadium  and avg at least 30k a game.

Archived