• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

oh-MAHG-ba-HEEN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

WOW... the first player at 7' or higher on USF bulls to ever weigh over 199 lbs!!!

ahhh come on - I am sure Gerrick Morris was 210.  :D

Who was the 7 footer from Europe a few years ago .  He wasn't here long.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

WOW... the first player at 7' or higher on USF bulls to ever weigh over 199 lbs!!!

Haha, I thought the same thing :)

Peruzzo might have actually been skinnier than Morris, if that's possible. He was like a big praying mantis on the court.

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Tomar Steinhower  was  pretty big  not sure spelling of his name.    but he ws here in 1988-90  from Israel. 

• Content Count:  19,229

Morris wasn't 7 foot.  He was only 6'10, on paper, same height as will macdonald.  I think Mike Bernard was either 6'10 or 6'11.  The only beast we've had in ages... strike that... the only beast that was tall.  DoJo is more powerful than Morris and Peruzzo combined.  And I'd rather have had McHugh Mattis playing center than Perruzo.

Perruzo was 7'1 or 7'2 i believe and maybe weighed 190 or 200.

A 7 footer that would not step foot inside the paint... shot more 3 pointers than total rebounds pulled down for his career (that is a guess!).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Morris wasn't 7 foot.  He was only 6'10, on paper, same height as will macdonald.  I think Mike Bernard was either 6'10 or 6'11.  The only beast we've had in ages... strike that... the only beast that was tall.  DoJo is more powerful than Morris and Peruzzo combined.  And I'd rather have had McHugh Mattis playing center than Perruzo.

Perruzo was 7'1 or 7'2 i believe and maybe weighed 190 or 200.

A 7 footer that would not step foot inside the paint... shot more 3 pointers than total rebounds pulled down for his career (that is a guess!).

No talk about 7 footers can be complete without a mention of the Grandaddy of them all ....

jim_grandholm.jpg

• Content Count:  2,923

is that a photo of Jim Grandholm?  The Grandaddy of them all...

• Content Count:  1,797

What?  No love for Chuck Malnar....he of the record setting foul out in 2 min 51 secs?  Come on...gotta give it up for Chuck.

Willie Redden was The Man.  Just ask Tony Grier, or read his book.

Normal

• Content Count:  126

Yesssss!  Willie Redden was the man, but he was only 6-11.  The same for Chucky Baby, height-wise, but he was not the man.  Now perhaps my favorite "old time" bull was Vince Reynolds.  At 6-9, he could score inside, rebound, play defense, block shots, or he could step out to 15' and knock down his jumper with consistency.  He also was a good enough ball handler to lead the fast break.  Quite possibly our best all around player before Dojo.

Archived