• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gameplan

Guest nybullsfan

The last thing we would want to do is play Binns and Woods tight, unless you like seeing them 5 yards behind our DBs running in for a TD.  Snyder was spot one with allowing underneath stuff and making tackles.  Except the one where Lejiste and Webster collided and the guy got away, the plan worked well.  We pounded Woods almost into submission and sent Collareos out of the game.  Cincy WILL score points, but you have to make them work for it.

Normal

This is why I'm not the coach! LOL

It sure made me nervous though, especially on those 3rd and longs.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Butch Jones reminded me so much of Schiano, ******** about every freaking call!  God I hate whiner coaches. 

This may be the Season of Monkeys - Beat Cincy (done), Beat Futgers (please!!) and Beat UConn (double please).  If that happens, I call this a successful first season for CSH!

And...........If we beat UM in their house?  WOW, could be a special, special, first season for a coach who was embattled just four hours ago.  Come on Skip,   YOU CAN DO IT!!

we always beat UConn at home.  I'd like to pick up a road win in Louisville which we havent done.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Butch Jones reminded me so much of Schiano, ******** about every freaking call!  God I hate whiner coaches. 

This may be the Season of Monkeys - Beat Cincy (done), Beat Futgers (please!!) and Beat UConn (double please).  If that happens, I call this a successful first season for CSH!

And...........If we beat UM in their house?  WOW, could be a special, special, first season for a coach who was embattled just four hours ago.  Come on Skip,   YOU CAN DO IT!!

Sounds good to me, add Louisville to the list above and hope that we can put a beat down on My Mammi.

we always beat UConn at home.  I'd like to pick up a road win in Louisville which we havent done.

• Content Count:  958

I have to give credit to Holtz's late nights on the couch, paid off big time.  I was real critical of him + coaching staffs seemingly lack of effort . Crow tastes good when it is cooked properly by the way  ;) .  Also can thank the team as a whole because they made it work .  Penalty's were few for once .  :clap

• Content Count:  49

I honestly think that is the lowest amount of penalties I have ever seen committed by a team fielded by USF.  I am so used to the 80+ yards in penalties every game it is refreshing looking up and seeing only 3 penalties on the board.  :D

Guest Scherdin

It also looked like the players were more focused tonight to execute the game plan.  The D maintained their assignments and stopped the running game forcing them to pass.  And I agree with the other guys on here, we played off to keep the deep pass from killing us.  And BJ looked very poised tonight...I knew we were going to see a better performance when he threw that ball away early in the 1st.

Special Teams looked pretty good too...besides LL muffing those kick offs...it looked like the coaching staff drew up a good plan and the players were determined not to lose 3 in a row.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Gameplan was so much better tonight.  Used bj daniels skills to his advantage and used Cinci's tendencies against them.  Looked so much better tonight.  Only real complaint was that our coverage seemed a bit soft tonight.  Gave way too much cushion off of the line.

the defense keeps everything in front of them between the 20's....in the red zone the defense is lights out....Cincy had 6 trips inside the 20....only 2 tds...awesome IMO

• Content Count:  1,412

Not sure the game plan changed that much...  Seems that the execution was there.  Open receivers were there and were hit.

O-line definitely played better.

It is amazing how game opens up for BJ when they have to respect the pass!

Awesome, lot of fun!

• Content Count:  993

Gameplan was so much better tonight.  Used bj daniels skills to his advantage and used Cinci's tendencies against them.  Looked so much better tonight.  Only real complaint was that our coverage seemed a bit soft tonight.  Gave way too much cushion off of the line.

the defense keeps everything in front of them between the 20's....in the red zone the defense is lights out....Cincy had 6 trips inside the 20....only 2 tds...awesome IMO

Yep, most forget that our cb's have been the known weakness since all the way back in the spring.  All three of their TD's were because their WR's are better than our corners.  We did our best to coach around it. 

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Not sure the game plan changed that much...  Seems that the execution was there.  Open receivers were there and were hit.

O-line definitely played better.

It is amazing how game opens up for BJ when they have to respect the pass!

Awesome, lot of fun!

I thought the play calls were much better. I liked the different looks in the running game and they actually threw a pass to a RB! The pass plays were limited but still aggressive.  The play of the line cannot be understated.  They were the difference.  What separates the great QB's from the good ones is their ability to consistently make plays under duress.  Daniels is not one of the greats but I have felt that he can be good with a good game plan and better play of the line. I think this has to be the first big win the program had without getting game changing turnovers.  Congrats to the offense.

Archived