• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Q & A with Todd Fitch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

it would only take about 25 carries for a TD no big deal....

we actually had the ball inside their 40 6 times.

we threw it 4 times on first down.

once for a sack resulting in a missed field goal, once incomplete and twice for interceptions.

run it 3 times instead and we get a first down.

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

one first down and we are in field goal range.

In case you guys missed it, we lost that game by 4 points. it's not like it was a blowout.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

once for a sack resulting in a missed field goal, once incomplete and twice for interceptions.

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

In case you guys missed it, we lost that game by 4 points. it's not like it was a blowout.

To an extent, I agree, but, I refuse to be happy with a team that pulls out a squeaker against Syracuse by a late FG. I think most would agree with me. We should have and could have destroyed Syracuse if our QB makes some plays. You can't pin all of the sacks on the OL. Our QB is holding the ball too long because if the defense covers the guy he is looking at, he has no where to throw. I played OL, and I know that some are better at run blocking or pass blocking, but it amazes me that you want to blame the OL for sacks and poor pass protection, but, at the same time, want to line up and run the ball 40 times a game behind them.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

by your logic we should never see a 4th down all season...

no more punting!  :P

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

1.  A designed run for BJ that is a loss counts as a sack.  Your math eliminates those.

2.  Since we're getting technical, let's eliminate Plancher's longest run of 12 yards and Murray's long of 9 yards.  They sku the average and would probably be considered outliers.  Now we are at 22 for 75.  Not very impressive.

3.  You do realize each play didnt result in 3.9 ypc, right?  Also, any penalty, sack, etc at all would kill every drive when we focused on the rushing game at 3.9 ypc.

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

1.  A designed run for BJ that is a loss counts as a sack.  Your math eliminates those.

2.  Since we're getting technical, let's eliminate Plancher's longest run of 12 yards and Murray's long of 9 yards.  They sku the average and would probably be considered outliers.  Now we are at 22 for 75.  Not very impressive.

3.  You do realize each play didnt result in 3.9 ypc, right?  Also, any penalty, sack, etc at all would kill every drive when we focused on the rushing game at 3.9 ypc.

1. yes and a designed pass that goes for a gain is considered a run. might as well cancel each other out.

2. I'm not taking the sacks out like you suggest we do to the runs. I'm counting them against the pass statistics instead of the run statistics because they were called pass plays that failed.

4. I understand how average works. thanks. I also understand that when you're inside your opponents 40 yard line 6 times and you drop back to pass multiple times and throw 2 picks and are sacked once that results in a missed field goal that maybe you should just run the ball and get the points in a close game.

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

To an extent, I agree, but, I refuse to be happy with a team that pulls out a squeaker against Syracuse by a late FG. I think most would agree with me. We should have and could have destroyed Syracuse if our QB makes some plays. You can't pin all of the sacks on the OL. Our QB is holding the ball too long because if the defense covers the guy he is looking at, he has no where to throw. I played OL, and I know that some are better at run blocking or pass blocking, but it amazes me that you want to blame the OL for sacks and poor pass protection, but, at the same time, want to line up and run the ball 40 times a game behind them.

you might care about total offensive yards but all I care about is the final score. I don't care how it gets done.

I think it's obvious our OL is much better run blocking than pass blocking. I'd like to see more of it. I didn't blame all the sacks on them.

I just don't understand why we would go against our strengths even in a game where we struggle.

Our OL is better run blockers and our QB is a better runner and we decide to throw the football 27 times in a 4 point loss.

It makes no sense.

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

by your logic we should never see a 4th down all season...

no more punting!  :P

and I guess you think we should pass the ball 60 times after all BJ averaged 5.7 yards per attempt.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

1. yes and a designed pass that goes for a gain is considered a run. might as well cancel each other out.

2. I'm not taking the sacks out like you suggest we do to the runs. I'm counting them against the pass statistics instead of the run statistics because they were called pass plays that failed.

4. I understand how average works. thanks. I also understand that when you're inside your opponents 40 yard line 6 times and you drop back to pass multiple times and throw 2 picks and are sacked once that results in a missed field goal that maybe you should just run the ball and get the points in a close game.

inside the 40?  since when are field goals such a sure thing?

3.9 x 3 = 11.7 yards.

inside the 40?  since when are field goals such a sure thing?

I didn't say they were a sure thing but we were inside their 40 6 times and came away with 3 points.

the other 5 possessions ended with a missed field goal(took a sack on that one at their 24 yard line), 2 interceptions(inside their 30 and 1 was on a first down) and 2 punts.

I'm not against passing completely but I think it's dumb for our coaches to call risky pass plays inside our 30 or inside our opponents 30. I'm fine with the bubble screens but putting it up for grabs in scoring range on either side of the field and with our personnel is dumb.

Guest nybullsfan

I am left with the impression Friday will be same **** diff day

BTW, there's no need for the "abbreviations" - just type it out. Those of us who are not bothered by 4-letter words will see them, and sensitive folks can change their profiles to hide it.

I saw that! And I'm tellin' your mama what you done!  >:D

Archived