• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Expansion - Serious Candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

dont forget about the invite for Nova

add TCU and VILLANOVA

Then add ECU and either Houston, Memphis or Southern Miss to bring the football conference to 12

why would we invite ECU over Houston...? Houston is a no doubter above ECU

Exactly LETHAL....lets see, do we want the Greenville, NC market or Houston ??? No brainer.

Whoever thinks bringing UCF would hurt USF is not thinking straight. It would fuel that rivalry and bring another Florida team to Big East. As much as I despise them, I think they would beat us bad this year.

Southern Miss has the potential to be better than ECU simply due to recruiting area. State of NC has 4 ACC schools ECU competes with, So Miss has only 2 BCS teams to compete with (ole miss & msu). They can move up much faster with BCS tag.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  624

Big 12 does not want anymore Texas teams. They are interested in Arkansas or LSU

• Content Count:  509

add TCU and VILLANOVA

Then add ECU and either Houston, Memphis or Southern Miss to bring the football conference to 12

Exactly LETHAL....lets see, do we want the Greenville, NC market or Houston ??? No brainer.

Whoever thinks bringing UCF would hurt USF is not thinking straight. It would fuel that rivalry and bring another Florida team to Big East. As much as I despise them, I think they would beat us bad this year.

Southern Miss has the potential to be better than ECU simply due to recruiting area. State of NC has 4 ACC schools ECU competes with, So Miss has only 2 BCS teams to compete with (ole miss & msu). They can move up much faster with BCS tag.

UCF in the BIG East is not in the interest of USF. With the BCS tag we have had a competitive advantage over them both on the field and recruiting. UCF now have superior on campus facilities to us and are catching up with recruiting. Also the product that they have on the field right now is pretty impressive and I think they will win Conference USA this year.

If UCF joins the Big East they could even jump us. The only thing worse to the current state of affairs of being bottom of the Big East would be losing on a consistent basis against UCF, and worse losing the current competitive advantage in recruiting,.. that we have over them. USF admin should block their inclusion just like Villanova would block Temple, WVU would block Marshall, how the Texas teams perhaps will block TCU joining the Big 12. USF needs to do what is in its best interest. And voting for giving UCF BCS inclusion is not in its best interest, especially with horrible attendance and no on campus stadium.

As to the rivalry argument I do think that we should play UCF on a regular basis as we should other Florida teams.

• Content Count:  64

Big 12 does not want anymore Texas teams. They are interested in Arkansas or LSU

Goodluck with that, LSU and Arkansas are going to demand more money then they are making is the SEC if they are to join the Big 12 and the Conference has all their money tied up in Texas and Oklahoma...so it's not gonna happen.  Although the Big 12 did say no more Texas teams what other team do they have to turn to in that region? New Mexico State? Wyoming? Colorado State?

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Did some new news come out that I am missing that caused this post to be RE-Created? Didn't we talk about this ad nauseum after the NY Post TCU article came out?

• Content Count:  259

add TCU and VILLANOVA

Because ECU actually has fans. No one in Houston goes to or watches UH games but ECU has great attendance and solid TV ratings. UH isn't even good in football or basketball anymore.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

With the rumors that TCU has an offer on the table, BE needs to reach out to Houston, Central Florida and Southern Miss right now! This conference is in need of a splash move to let the world know that they aren't just sitting back, doing nothing. Worry about the 20 teams in Basketball later.

Try telling the 8 basketball schools to worry about it later.

The 8 basketball schools are largely the reason why the BEast is failing... they need to evolve our accept blame when this house of cards comes crashing down.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Did some new news come out that I am missing that caused this post to be RE-Created? Didn't we talk about this ad nauseum after the NY Post TCU article came out?

You're correct but if we don't do this, we'll lose our standing membership in The Dead Horse Society.

I don't think the BE is 'failing'. I'm sure there's some folks at some schools who think 'you know, as soon as we are finished with the football thingy, we can focus on what made us Big...and that's basketball season, teams in the tourney and Nat'l championships.

I just can't imagine the BE expanding. I think a lot of people would have to sign off, not just the existing FBS schools. This is my opinion - and no- I'm not leaking on behalf of an associate close to the Big East speaking on the condition of anonymity.  :-*

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

add TCU and VILLANOVA

support has gotten better though over the last 2 or 3 years though. if keenum had not gotten hurt, they had a chance to be a top 15 team

Because ECU actually has fans. No one in Houston goes to or watches UH games but ECU has great attendance and solid TV ratings. UH isn't even good in football or basketball anymore.

• Content Count:  1,165

add TCU and VILLANOVA

How is that NOT hurting us?  Bringing in UCF is certainly a good move for the Big East, but not for USF individually.  While I generally support things to make the Big East stronger, USF's well-being is pretty much all I'm concerned with.

However, I do think UCF joining the BE is bound to happen at some point. But by the time that happens, we will either be back up to our form or they will have already clearly jumped us.

Archived