• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Expansion - Serious Candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

There is absolutely NO WAY POSSIBLE an ACC team leaves that conference to join BE for football. That would be the dumbest move possible.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

There is absolutely NO WAY POSSIBLE an ACC team leaves that conference to join BE for football. That would be the dumbest move possible.

your right.  They would stand to lose about 5 million/yr I believe.

• Content Count:  4,642

ECU probably has a better tv market for the BE than Houston.  there are a lot of "half-backs" in the Carolinas, which all originate from the east coast anyways.  although the population is lower, the percentage of people to purchase the BE network package would likely be higher.

don't forget, you don't have to be an ECU fan to buy the BE TV package.  you have to be a BE fan, or a fan of one of the other 16 basketball teams.

I don't see how you can say that ECU is a better TV market than Houston.  The goal for these networks is to get included on the basic cable packages of the cities that the members are located in.  There are far more TVs in Houston than in Greenville, NC

I don't get this either.

sorry i was just trying to say that there are more east-coast people living in the Carolinas than there are in Houston.  i understand there are more actual TV's in Houston, but you have to get those people to watch the BE channel and not Texas/TAMU/BU/UH football, which won't happen.

• Content Count:  4,642

your right.  They would stand to lose about 5 million/yr I believe.

unless we get a new tv contract and new money by adding new teams (ie tcu and/or maybe an acc team or two)

Archived