• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football player Mike Ford accused of harrassment

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Shouldn't the headline be "Ex-Football Player accused of Harrassment"? I think we can all agree that Mike Ford is never playing at the next level... Unless Semi Pro is the next level...

He is on the Toronto squad in the CFL.  Just practice squad now, but will probably be gone, what team wants trouble from a tackling dummy?

I think he was released about a month ago from Toronto... before Matt signed.... He was trying out for a semi pro team in Sarasota.. never heard if he made it.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Shouldn't the headline be "Ex-Football Player accused of Harrassment"? I think we can all agree that Mike Ford is never playing at the next level... Unless Semi Pro is the next level...

He is on the Toronto squad in the CFL.  Just practice squad now, but will probably be gone, what team wants trouble from a tackling dummy?

Greg Auman: CFL's Toronto Argonauts have released former USF running back Mike Ford, two weeks after signing him to practice squad /via @koshtorontosun 17 days ago

Guest Sunburned

Write him off.  He is a disaster. 

We all should be glad Holtz had clear vision to remove him from the team this past spring.  He realized the kid is a problem, and will continue to be one.

As a parent, a coach, a teacher, etc, you can only give so many second chances. Then you have to do something with a little bite.  It is clear that we gave him 4 or 5 second chances.   

Once you realize there is a pattern, then you have to cut them loose.

Good Luck Mike.  I hope you get your life in order. 

While Holtz may have been the one to tell Moped Mike he was off the team, it was USF policy that dictated his dismissal.  He's a hopeless case.  His disregard of a "petty" court order should put him behind bars for a while. Judges tend to dislike people who thumb their noses at them.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Garbage

• Content Count:  701

newtown...  if you know what I'm talking about that explains it all. 

• Content Count:  1,528

what a dumba$$

This guys will never learn. He was my favorite player too, what a shame. He could have been something special here. If he played his cards right, he could be a millionaire right now playing in the NFL.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

newtown...  if you know what I'm talking about that explains it all. 

Yeah man.  I'm pretty sure nothing good has ever happened in Newtown.  If he does live there, and grew up there, you have to consider his enviornment before judging.  Doesn't excuse him, but i'm sure it hasn't helped him in life...at all. 

No excuse for making threats but if you absolutely have to, don't make them in a venue that can be very easily traced back to you. (social networking, texts, voice mails etc). 

Guest Sunburned

Yeah man.  I'm pretty sure nothing good has ever happened in Newtown.  If he does live there, and grew up there, you have to consider his enviornment before judging.  Doesn't excuse him, but i'm sure it hasn't helped him in life...at all.  

Mike Ford is a hopeless waste of oxygen,  a football scholarship to USF didn't help him either. What happened to his honoring the memory of his late father, a USF employee?  If he wasn't such an idiot he could be earning millions in the NFL, but as usual he pizzed that away. 

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Mike Ford is a hopeless waste of oxygen,  a football scholarship to USF didn't help him either. What happened to his honoring the memory of his late father, a USF employee?  If he wasn't such an idiot he could be earning millions in the NFL, but as usual he pizzed that away. 

Let's reverse the circumstances -  If you were born and bred into a positive, nurturing, violence and drug free enviornment your entire life, then  suddenly thrust into a hostile, negative, very violent enviornment, do you think you would immediately change to being violent and self destructive just because you were subjected to it for a short period of time?  If Ford was born and bred in negativity why would we think it's so easy for him to do a complete 180 just because he came to USF? (which quite honestly has it's own share of riff raff and negativity.)

Archived