• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DE Ricardo Williams- Homestead

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

SanJay.  I thinks he's getting it.  Nearly every kid IS going to take atleast one visit.  Especially, if USF is in the running with a slew of other schools.  Even Mitchell did.  That being said, Skip is doing fine with his early commits BEFORE the heavies get involved.  Part of this equation is the reason Leavitt is now gone.  Hoping for the high three and four star athletes and losing your shirt (like CJL did) prior to slapgate, nearly crippled Skips ability to sign.  Holtz is ahead of schedule, IMO, and the three star solid prospects are very likely to start committing.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Sanjay, I can name 5 from this year alone. Do you realize that the NCAA forbids Official visits before September 1 of the players Senior year. So all of this years commits who gave that indication before September 1 did so after only conducting unofficial visits. Granted I am sure that some if not all will eventually take an official sometime but they committed before they had done so. So would you run down our chances for next years players who sign in the spring time? Think about it.

<p> There are also other reasons, which apply in this case. He said clearly in the article that he was taking an official to FSU because "“Its almost 8 hours away so I’ll probably use an official visit with FSU". It had to do with Driving time and expenses. He is limited to 5  officials so he won't use them on teams that are closer to home, like USF!!!

Read my first post in this thread Bill.  I said signed, not just committed.  Lots of kids commit site unseen to schools, but signing a LOI is a much different deal.  Name 5 kids who have signed with USF without ever taking an official visit.

Well that isn't really relevant to the discussion at hand now is it. Because NO ONE has signed yet. We are talking about a prospect who hopefully is still considering USF, despite the negative attitude of some who post at this website. There is an awfully long time between now and NSD and I am keeping a positive mindset that many of these young men will continue to think about USF as an option. Whether they will take an official now, later or not at all, I would love to think that they will see what I did and what so many others have, that USF is a great institution and should be in all of their crosshairs. We have a new , nationally recognized coach, we are a automatic BCS qualifying school, we offer a great city setting in which to complete an education, we offer a real educational opportunity, we send players to the NFL and we can extend marquee playing time to player who come on board now in key positions. Mr. Williams, If you take an unofficial, come back for an official and then come back for a longer stay. We will treat you well. We need quality young athletes and  we will support the ones who get on board.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Now that you understand that without an official visit a kid is unlikely to sign it is not relevant anymore?  Ok.  It's clear you have little idea how the process works, or little interest in understanding how it works. 

Also, all the sunshine and gumdrops commentary as well as attempts to shut down legitimate discussion as to a kid's interest in USF is lame. 

Now that you understand that without an official visit a kid is unlikely to sign it is not relevant anymore?  Ok.  It's clear you have little idea how the process works, or little interest in understanding how it works. 

Also, all the sunshine and gumdrops commentary as well as attempts to shut down legitimate discussion as to a kid's interest in USF is lame. 

Facts don't seem to matter to you, done arguing. Please find someone else to troll on.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Facts don't seem to matter to you, done arguing. Please find someone else to troll on.

I think the vast majority of people here respect Sanjay's contributions to the world of recruiting. You should stop being so arrogant.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Yup, Sanjay is pretty knowledgeable and not nearly as abrasive in his delivery as BReef. Tone down the rhetoric, we're all Bulls in here.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Please don't take this as piling on BReef but I would agree as well.  As someone who has taken being abrasive to a whole new level of art form, I probably have a keener sense on where the limits lie and you really are exceeding them.  You don't want to end up like me with 1/2 the board afraid to respond to any of your posts and an ignore list headed towards smazza numbers.  Just trying to help a fellow Bull in treacherous waters so please take it in that vain.

Yup, Sanjay is pretty knowledgeable and not nearly as abrasive in his delivery as BReef. Tone down the rhetoric, we're all Bulls in here.

So sorry I'm so abrasive, I'm just sick of the negative attitude towards recruits who might have some interest left in USF, by posters who think they have to prove themselves here.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

@Bill - Not sure your definition of a troll, but I would not fit the description as I am a USF fan, been on thebullspen for a long while now.  In any case, keep going with the gumdrops.

@redfisher, Paisa and hbryan - Thank you for the kind words gentlemen.

Archived