• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What did we learn tonight?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

His number were much better, but I still don't like how he can't make more than one read on a consistent basis, and that he struggles to hit runners in stride.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,633

The throw Evald made at the end of the game into the endzone (where the WR and defenders feet got tangled) may have been one of the better thrown balls by any QB on this team so far this season. BJ lacks any touch on his passes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

We learned we could beat Sagarin's 125th ranked team out of 120 Div 1-A teams.  FAU was 1-2 before to night

Last week we learned the Bulls could beat the 144th ranked team.  WKU was 0-4 after we beat them last week.

In week 1 we learned we could beat the 170th ranked team.  SBU a 1-AA team was 1-3 after last week.

The big question is what will we learn next week when the Bulls faces a 1-A (FBS-BCS) team with a winning record?  Sagarin had Cuse (3-1) ranked 83rd (USF #54) after last week.  

Are you serious ? Did you look at who 'cuse have played ?

We should dominate SorryEx'cuse in the same fashion as we did last night.

We really will know after WVU.

Go BULLS !!!

The throw Evald made at the end of the game into the endzone (where the WR and defenders feet got tangled) may have been one of the better thrown balls by any QB on this team so far this season. BJ lacks any touch on his passes.

I don't know... the throw to Landi was pretty good.

Everyone realizes that QBs don't always throw based on receivers running, but are throwing to a spot - and the receiver has to get to that spot correctly.

Sure, sometimes it's the QB's fault... but sometimes it's the WR's responsibility.

• Content Count:  488

I learned that BJ still can't lead a receiver... I only saw one really good pass tonight... he looked off Bogan and fired it to Landi... other than that it was either behind or low or high most of the night.... the pass to Bogan off the flea flicker was so short that he had to turn around and had to fall into the endzone.

That being said, we did what we had to and dominated FAU. On to bigger and better things.

Sheesh, why don't we just skip this nonsense and create a "Bench BJ" thread.

Look again.  BJ was under duress as he was throwing the ball.  Had to get rid of it quickly as the play took quite a while to develop.  Give this kid a break people.  Let's wait till the end of the season to truly evaluate his play. 

This is a totally different system.  One that is not dependent on the QB's athleticism to make plays.  Timing, clock management, and field positions are the keys to running this offense.  BJ is a good QB being asked to drive a mini van instead of a sports car.  With the spread option (read option??) last year, he was in a sports car.

Brantley at Florida is just the opposite. 

The coaches are seeing that they have not utilized his athleticism enogh the past few games as evidenced last night by calling more roll-outs and having him run out of the pocket without hesitation when it collaspes.

• Content Count:  6

If the pitch from the RB didn't take ten years to get to BJ Bogan would have walked into the end zone.  It was a great play call and BJ made it work. 

• Content Count:  521

If Eveld ever has to be the guy, I won't be worried.  He has no mobility, but he's a great pocket passer from what we saw, and I'm sure our coaching staff will adjust the gameplan accordingly.  We didn't see much of it because most of the offense is designed around letting BJ run around a lot.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

My bad BJ completed only 74% of his passes :P

Archived