• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RichmondBull, before I forget

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Richmondbull, I am sure you're around somewhere.  We had a bet in your locked thread of $100 to a charity of the winner's choosing if the Rays did or did not win 90 games.  Since I bet they would, and they are at 94 as of today you can make your donation to either Make-a-wish-foundation or St. Jude's Children's hospital.  I won't bring it up again and will assume you'll honor the bet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

Richmondbull, I am sure you're around somewhere.  We had a bet in your locked thread of $100 to a charity of the winner's choosing if the Rays did or did not win 90 games.  Since I bet they would, and they are at 94 as of today you can make your donation to either Make-a-wish-foundation or St. Jude's Children's hospital.  I won't bring it up again and will assume you'll honor the bet.

SANJAY, I don't know if those banned even have access to view the boards or not but I'll change the title of the thread to get his attention if he is still able and does ...

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Thanks.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

SANJAY, I don't know if those banned even have access to view the boards or not but I'll change the title of the thread to get his attention if he is still able and does ...

Assuming the ban is tied to the registered account and not to IP space, the person in question should still be able to read boards without logging in. Whether he does is another matter.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

Assuming the ban is tied to the registered account and not to IP space, the person in question should still be able to read boards without logging in. Whether he does is another matter.

If they're smart, it's tied to IP like other boards that I've .... er ... heard about.  ::)

And if that's the case, he can't see anything without going to a different IP address.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

LOL - he said they wouldn't make the playoffs.

FYI, IP banning is questionable with local style boards. It may work on this board, since the userbase is smaller, but on another local board I help admin, we have banned IPs before, and because they were not static IPs, they rotated, and we've actually had other legitimate (non-banned) users complain about them not being able to access the forums, because they happened to pick up a banned IP. If they're slightly techy, they can just reset and get another IP, but it can be an issue.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

pssshhh plent of ways to get around a board ban.  amateurs  ::)  ;D

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I would love to hear how he explains the Rays winning the division title and finishing with the best record in the American League and winning the season series with the Yankees. The regular season couldn't have gone any better for the Rays.

Archived