• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets be realistic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Ok USF competed for 2 quarters and 7 minutes.  If not for the turnover in the redzone when they were looking to go up 14-7 it would have been a different game.  As for the play calling don't you think CSH was trying to call plays that Daniels was comfortable running.  BJ was out most of this spring because of his surgery.  Plus we do not have many receivers which was obvious in todays game.  I think we had some positives on defense especially in the first half.  BJ made some stupid plays that Florida exploited and FSU last year could not (because of talent).  I think there is a lot to look forward to this year and after seeing the performance for most of the game today I think we have a shot to compete in the big east.  Especially if we can get some receivers healthy. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

"Let's Be Realistic"

not possible here

• Content Count:  33

I Agree. USF competed for most of the game. The final score is NOT indicative of the overall game. This game is far tougher than any we're going to play the rest of the season, and I think Holtz is going to turn this into a positive. Plus, the BEast doesn't exactly look strong. If USF can sustain what it had the first quarter, then it can compete with almost anyone in the country.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I agree, some on here would ***** that they won "only" 5 million in the lottery. It has to be 20 million or nothing.

• Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

I just don't understand the need to throw as often as we did.

• Content Count:  1,479

Is there a time for being a realist? Absolutely, but this program did not get to where it was by being "realistic." When #1 ranked Troy State came to Tampa in 00, we weren't supposed to win, but we did, see Pitt 01, UL 03,05, Auburn, Kansas, FSU, WVU, etc etc.

A loss is a loss and the only way we we're going to REALLY make a jump was to win today. And we didn't.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Is there a time for being a realist? Absolutely, but this program did not get to where it was by being "realistic." When #1 ranked Troy State came to Tampa in 00, we weren't supposed to win, but we did, see Pitt 01, UL 03,05, Auburn, Kansas, FSU, WVU, etc etc.

A loss is a loss and the only way we we're going to REALLY make a jump was to win today. And we didn't.

UF is another level compared to those teams we had to play almost a perfect game and well they didn't.

• Content Count:  771

I agree...I am just saying it's not doomsday for usf football.  We can still have a successful season.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I agree...I am just saying it's not doomsday for usf football.  We can still have a successful season.

I agree.  This game showed us some things we do well and quite a few things we need to work on and game plan around.  Now its a matter of the coaches and players learning from this game and progressing and improving. 

Archived