• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bennett's prediction for UF vs USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

It's pretty much what I expected...until we prove ourselves he isn't going to pick us to do anything crazy, like win the BE. On a side note, he did predict us to lose last year at FSU, so he could be wrong.  :)

I see your point, but that FSU team last year sucked.  We sucked last week.  Not sure how bad/really bad Florida really is at this point.

fixed for you

Hey, thanks.  Maybe they'll catch your guys sleeping.  Seeing as how USF knocked off the mighty Stony Brook last week.  That was a huuuuuge win, so maybe your boys will be overconfident.  But, you should keep believing Florida is really bad.  Your excuses on Monday morning will be funnier that way.  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

Big4 - the only way to settle this is for Stony Brook to play MiamiOH

• Content Count:  115

I guess we can dream.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I lol'ed

• Content Count:  81

until we prove ourselves he isn't going to pick us to do anything crazy

He isn't going to pick USF to beat UF because there is no reasonable reason to believe that is the expected outcome. It's not some conspiracy, it's not because writers are constantly reminded that USF lost a bunch of conference games last year, it's not because USF has a new coaching staff. It's because UF has better players and a long track record, especially in recent years, of winning lots of games with those players. UF is picked to win because all the evidence says UF is the better team. That doesn't mean USF CAN'T win, hell it doesn't even mean UF actually IS the better team (we'll just have to wait and see the season play out before we can really tell), but it would certainly be unexpected for USF to win.

It's just some stupid prediction, who cares? Why do these forecasts always have to be subject to this absurd overanalysis? Who here can really say they're right all the time in picking football games? Last week, in the prediction contest on this board, some people here picked USF to win by less last week than Bennett did, and far less than the team actually won by. It's not because they're all douches or idiots or skeptical or anything like that, it's because it is impossible to actually predict football games' scores reliably. That game could have easily been played exactly the same way and yet been a 28-14 USF victory, or whatever score you want to throw out there.

The same goes for this weekend. Just on this message board, there are plenty of people picking UF to win. If you look at the prediction contest, some USF fans are picking the Gators to win by even more than Brian Bennett is! They pick a winner and then the score is just a crapshoot. I am reasonably sure that the people who get all worked up about this are putting more thought into Brian Bennett's predictions than Bennett himself is.

+1  Let's keep this in perspective people.

• Content Count:  2,461

I lol'ed

as did I

Archived