• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting outlook on some Florida Players

BULLZ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Alright so this is just a different perspective im taking to somehow relate our experiences relative to handling Florida

Having graduated Tebow, Riley Cooper, and Aaron Hernandez, as far as Ive heard Floridas one big threat left from last year is Jeff Demps. Of course they have other players rainey, thompson, etc but im talkin as far as productivity demps is the guy.

Peoples arguments for Demps kickin our butts is that hes the fastest guy and all that,

• Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Demps has WORLD CLASS speed.

T-Rex might be able to catch him, but if Demps gets that far we're already in trouble.

T-Rex might be able to catch him, but if Demps gets that far we're already in trouble.

T-Rex and Kayvon Webster are just as fast as Demps... (4.4 or faster).

Demps' problem is that he's all speed and no power.  I could tackle him... if I could catch him, that is.  He certainly won't run over anyone on our team.

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

i didnt finish the post sorry guys anyway heres the full thing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so this is just a different perspective im taking to somehow relate our experiences relative to handling Florida

Having graduated Tebow, Riley Cooper, and Aaron Hernandez, as far as Ive heard Floridas one big threat left from last year is Jeff Demps. Of course they have other players rainey, thompson, etc but im talkin as far as productivity demps is the guy.

Peoples arguments for Demps kickin our butts is that hes the fastest guy and all that, but if i can recall we have faced a certain RB

by the name of NOEL DEVINE, who is just as good as anyone in the country, certainly demps.

And look how we have fared against him and the WVU offense.

Another point: John Brantley

He is a great QB im sure, i honestly need to wait and see to really know but he is said to be the prototypical PRO style QB and as we can see he is efficient BUT

people seem to have forgotten we have ALSO faced CHRISTIAN PONDER, a player who a lot of people are saying is a candidate for the heisman, and we all know how we did against him as well.

Florida OLINE

We all know they have some problems in the Offensive line as far as personnel switching positions and injuries ( Matt Patchan  LTis out as well as another player i dont recall) and the fact that their line was recruited for a spread type offense. Well considering historically we have done very well against the spread, see WVU, considering the depth at D LINE we have i think we stand a chance at dominating this matchup.

SIDE NOTE

Watching Florida play it seems awkward that they have a pro style qb in a spread option offense, every time they ran the option it got stuffed because everyone knew brantley wasnt gonna run it. I dont know, maybe its just my impression but they seem to be force feeding their system onto the players instead of using the players to create a system. God knows they have all the talent in the world.

But anyway that just my 2 cents, lemme know what you think

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Another point: John Brantley

He is a great QB im sure, i honestly need to wait and see to really know but he is said to be the prototypical PRO style QB and as we can see he is efficient BUT

people seem to have forgotten we have ALSO faced CHRISTIAN PONDER, a player who a lot of people are saying is a candidate for the heisman, and we all know how we did against him as well.

Best point made yet on our D matching the O-we are returning several kids who played at FSU; they will be our pressure and someone whacking their receivers and RB again

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

T-Rex and Kayvon Webster are just as fast as Demps... (4.4 or faster).

Demps' problem is that he's all speed and no power.  I could tackle him... if I could catch him, that is.  He certainly won't run over anyone on our team.

After that 40, he's as good as gone. Period. Nobody on our D is catching him. I know I had this discussion with MamaBull before.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

especially if Demps has a bit of open field and is going North-South, he's GONE

• Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Wait, are people saying they are scared of a legit terrorist attack at the football game or that they are scared of the backwards-ass xenophobe racists in Gainsville causing problems?

• Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

I'm worried about a repeat of the Oregon game.  If they get that inside running game going, we are in trouble.  Luckily Brantley is no Tebow so stopping the running game and forcing them to throw is our best hope, imo.  We didn't exactly stone Stony Brook up the middle in the ground game (well when the game was semi competitive) so hopefully that will get shored up this week.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The Oregon game is much different, Oregon installed an entirely new offense for the bowl game and USF changed very little, hence the outcome.

Archived