• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I Greatly Dislike The Florida Gators

Guest AstroBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

And let's face it, most of you hate UF because you have a Napolean Complex. There's really no other reason.

I hate Gainesville, your fans, your mascot, your logo, your fight song, your gator chomp, mr two bits, your team colors, your coach, your criminal players, alligators, your stadium name, your jorts, your mullets, your toothless faces, your ignorance and your arrogance. I HATE EVERYTHING UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA!

And UF doesn't care about you.

That's the difference, and the genesis of your hate.

aw my feelings are hurt because a disgusting cesspool University doesn't care about me. What are you some kind of shrink? I'm not jealous one bit of that ********. **** UF

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Living in Orlando and having went to school in Tampa, I can safely say the large majority of UF alumni prefer living in either of these two cities than staying Gainesville. Trying to compare Tampa to Gainesville as a preferred place to live is ridiculous.

I live in Tampa now. But I loved Gainesville as a student. Some people like the college town environment (generally what the South and the SEC are all about). Some don't and would rather stay close to home or be in a bigger city for college. Personal choice, and I wouldn't bash anyone for wanting to choose the latter. Not sure why I would get bashed for choosing the former.

Congratulations. I loved Tampa as a student. Not bashing you, I just think Gainesville would be a terrible place to live.......as a personal choice.  ;)

• Content Count:  33

Napoleon Complex?

I don't think its USF fans' sense of inferiority as much as it is UF fans' sense of superiority. You guys need to learn some humility and respect. All we USF fans want is to be the ones to show it to you!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  130

this thread is like an elementary school slap fight.

Not sure much more should have been expected given the quality of the original article.

• Content Count:  4,501

I bet tons of USF students go to Bern's.

Well, we can't all go to that bastion of fine dining in Gainesville, Cafe Risqué.

Tampa has strip clubs that you can eat at as well. What's your point?

My point was that that was a stupid example to use, since most college students can't afford to go to Berns, so who cares if it's in Tampa or not? And it's not anywhere close to campus anyway.

And you felt the need to explain yourself ?

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  5

You shouldn't have prefaced announcing that you would try to not come off envious, or however you put it. Because, frankly, you really did.

So Gainesville isn't a major city like Tampa is. The good news? You don't have to live here. Some prefer the small-town atmosphere, in which the town is defined by the university, not the other way around. Some like the fact that it's a bit quieter during the summer. Overcrowded cities and non-traditional campuses aren't for everybody.

If you want to harp on a town for being a "cultural wasteland", I'd ask if you've ever been to Tallahassee. I'll stop. Sorry.

You speak endlessly of an apparent arrogance among Gator Nation. Maybe you're confusing this with school spirit/pride. That's not to say that arrogant Gator fans don't exist, they do. But I hope you don't honestly see all of our fans in the same light.

Naturally, with a successful organization, you get bandwagon fans. Unfortunately, Florida has acquired an enormous amount of these leeches, and can't seem to shake them. Don't confuse these folks with life-long, dedicated, win or lose fans.

Before I close, just one more thing. Jorts? Really? Every school seems to have something to say about Florida and their jorts. Sure, they belong in the early 90's. I get it. But I bet you guys don't mind when a cute college chick walks by in some fabulously short jean shorts. Am I right?  ::nudge nudge::

Anyway.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

You shouldn't have prefaced announcing that you would try to not come off envious, or however you put it. Because, frankly, you really did.

So Gainesville isn't a major city like Tampa is. The good news? You don't have to live here. Some prefer the small-town atmosphere, in which the town is defined by the university, not the other way around. Some like the fact that it's a bit quieter during the summer. Overcrowded cities and non-traditional campuses aren't for everybody.

If you want to harp on a town for being a "cultural wasteland", I'd ask if you've ever been to Tallahassee. I'll stop. Sorry.

You speak endlessly of an apparent arrogance among Gator Nation. Maybe you're confusing this with school spirit/pride. That's not to say that arrogant Gator fans don't exist, they do. But I hope you don't honestly see all of our fans in the same light.

Naturally, with a successful organization, you get bandwagon fans. Unfortunately, Florida has acquired an enormous amount of these leeches, and can't seem to shake them. Don't confuse these folks with life-long, dedicated, win or lose fans.

Before I close, just one more thing. Jorts? Really? Every school seems to have something to say about Florida and their jorts. Sure, they belong in the early 90's. I get it. But I bet you guys don't mind when a cute college chick walks by in some fabulously short jean shorts. Am I right?  ::nudge nudge::

Anyway.

Florida will never outlive the Jorts

gatorjortscollage.jpg

• Content Count:  5

Florida will never outlive the Jorts

gatorjortscollage.jpg

I'm just happy I didn't see any of my relatives in those pics.

• Content Count:  23

He forgot to mention 30+ arrest's since Meyer got here  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Archived