• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville Board going berserk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

i don't think any  school better the usf wants leavitt if they, do let him go

What?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a good one.  Could Leavitt go to UL?

Well, if there's one UPSIDE to the stomping UofL laid on us a couple months ago...

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

No big deal.  UL has the money to get alot of good coaches.  If Patrino needs/wants the money he is gone.  I doubt he has nearly as good a season next year as this.  If he plans on moving now is the time.  Just for grins if his new contract where for say 1.8 million and he got paid weekly his new check would be $34,615.39 a week versus his old check of $19,230.77.   Would you leave for a pay increase of $15,384.62 a week ?

He get's paid weekly?!  Man! I miss those type of jobs!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

LSU is also interviewing one of their assistant coaches, and have their eye on Okla State's coach.  However, the Okla St coach has a $1 million buyout, and it is possible that they are interviewing the assistant coach in order to include a mijnority in the process.  I hear they are waiting for Louisville's bowl to meet with Petrino again to negotiate the contract.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I will take having Leavitt all to our self anyday. The coach is still a winner regardless of what UCF fans think. Can UCF fans actually believe that USF would have got into the BCS BIG EAST without Leavitt?? I doubt that USF would be considered if we did not have Leavitt.  USF will be much tougher next season. This season was basically a fluke due to our young team.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Yea, IMO sounds like he is going to take that job.   Appears he is looking for a stepping stone to the NFL.  I bet it will come soon after the bowl game.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Petrino speculation has Card fans buzzing

There is some great material in here:

The coach was in the middle of some awkward small talk about the Grizzlies-Celtics game he attended with his team earlier that night when an older woman approached him. Dressed in Louisville red, she clapped a hand on his shoulder and said, with maximum acidity, "Best of luck in your next endeavor."

"My next endeavor is Friday at 2:30," he responded, referencing the Louisville-Boise State Liberty Bowl showdown that has gone from a marquee game to another job-carousel sideshow. Petrino's face tightened after that exchange and he quickly called it a night.

If LSU offers Petrino the job, he'll take it. If LSU goes a different direction -- Oklahoma State's Les Miles being the other top option -- it would not be a shock to see Louisville take the extraordinary step of divorcing itself from one of the hottest coaches in the country.

It's a realistic option, and it would be the ultimate payback for Petrino's hubris. Shocking as it might be to bounce a certified offensive maestro with a 19-5 record in two seasons, such a move likely would be supported by a fed-up fan base. In fact, the multi-million-dollar buyout figure needed to pull it off might be the easiest fund raising athletic director Tom Jurich would ever have to do.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

MM,

Great find. UL fans and players are getting screwed once again by the head coach. That sucks. I remember John L Smith being asked the same thing about Mich St during the  Mobile Bowl a few years ago. It was a circus type atmosphere with ESPN crews following Smith all the way to the locker rooms. Smith just said no comment which pretty much told you the story. Now, UL is going through the same thing with Petrino only it is worse because he just got done lying to UL by stating he is happy at UL. I personally never did like Petrino after his poor sportmanship shown when USF beat him in double OT a few years ago. All Petrino could do was rip on Camon about him running over his UL player during a punt. News to Petrino, football is a contact sport which have officials there to make sure we play by the rules.  GOOD RIDDANCE TO PETRINO. UL can find someone that will be a winner with that program.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I personally never did like Petrino after his poor sportmanship shown when USF beat him in double OT a few years ago. All Petrino could do was rip on Camon about him running over his UL player during a punt.

It wasn't so much that he was ripping on Camon, but on LEAVITT, and more than insinuating that we teach our kids to play that way, which was galling!