• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is on the Menu for Saturday

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

We ended up having blackened rib-eyes, roasted potatoes, and salad. Of course plenty of chips and salsa. Next week is still up in the air.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

My brother and I did a triathlon that morning so we ended up just going to hooters and crushing wings and pitchers, didnt have the energy to set up the tailgate

• Content Count:  151

I know this is a long shot, but if any fans from the Fort Myers/Naples area are going to the game you can probably get fresh gator tails at Lawhon's Grocery in North Fort Myers.  Don't live there anymore but it was something they usually h

• Content Count:  2,726

I know this is a long shot, but if any fans from the Fort Myers/Naples area are going to the game you can probably get fresh gator tails at Lawhon's Grocery in North Fort Myers.  Don't live there anymore but it was something they usually h

Fresh gator tails?!?!?  Really? 

I'll be driving up tomorrow...would love to pick some up. 

How do you cook em up?

8VA

• Content Count:  19

Grilled Cajun Style Gator Tail Recipe

4 To 6 Lbs Gator Tail

Lemon wedges

Cajun Seasoning Mix:

12 T Paprika

6 T Garlic powder

3 T Salt

3 T White pepper

3 T Oregano, crushed

3 T Black pepper

2 1/2 T Thyme

1 T Cayenne pepper

To make seasoning mix, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, white pepper, oregano, black pepper, thyme and cayenne pepper in jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well to combine. Mixture may be stored for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, cut gator tail meat into 1/2" cubes. Roll each cube in 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Cook over high heat on an outdoor barbecue grill or under the oven broiler for 4 to 6 minutes, or until gator tail meat is white and firm to the touch. Serve warm with lemon wedges.

This week... Game Day BBQ Buffet includes:

* Rotisserie Chicken

* Hamburgers & Hot Dogs

* Southern style ham and cheese biscuits

* Tasty Egg and Cheese Burritos

* Assorted pastries 

* Macaroni Salad

* Corn on the Cob

* Assorted Greens, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Carrots with Assorted Dressings

* Assorted Buns and Rolls, Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickles, Sliced Cheese, Tomatoes and Onions

* Assorted Cookies and Dessert Bars

* Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee, Iced Tea and Ice Water

(Alumni Assn tailgate)

• Content Count:  2,558

Grilled Cajun Style Gator Tail Recipe

4 To 6 Lbs Gator Tail

Lemon wedges

Cajun Seasoning Mix:

12 T Paprika

6 T Garlic powder

3 T Salt

3 T White pepper

3 T Oregano, crushed

3 T Black pepper

2 1/2 T Thyme

1 T Cayenne pepper

To make seasoning mix, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, white pepper, oregano, black pepper, thyme and cayenne pepper in jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well to combine. Mixture may be stored for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, cut gator tail meat into 1/2" cubes. Roll each cube in 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Cook over high heat on an outdoor barbecue grill or under the oven broiler for 4 to 6 minutes, or until gator tail meat is white and firm to the touch. Serve warm with lemon wedges.

listen to this guy, he weighs as much as my truck he know food ;)

• Content Count:  151

I can't promise they'll have gator in stock, but I've seen it there most of the times I've been in the meat and seafood area... last time I was in town was around Christmas and they had some then.

Here's a map that shows their location

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=lawhon's%20grocery&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

And for added fun they have a facebook account that is really active, send them a message and ask!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Fort-Myers-FL/Lawhons-Grocery-Meat/210984214047

Archived