• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPNU Now Big East Preview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

From a purely football stance, going into Auburn in 07 is a tougher task than going to the Swamp vs the 2010 Gators....Get Real.

I disagree as well. I think the Auburn faithful looked at USF as a cute, insignificant novelty act. There was plenty of Southern hospitality to go around from their fans too.

Although UF will likely look at us as insignificant as well, their fans will be as obnoxious as their reputation. It will be a much more hostile enviornment at the Swamp.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I enjoyed the show.

• Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

I said from a football stance (x's and o's

) not what type of crowd there is....good thing they don't let those hostile fans on the field during the game. Auburn had experienced QB and such.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I agree/disagree, we snookered Auburn because they overlooked us, I don't think UF will do the same thing. I am sure they will look at us as their first semi-real challenge of the season. If we were their third or fourth game of the season and they had already played an SEC team, we might have pulled the upset but as the second game of the season and their first BCS opponent, I think they will have no problem getting up for us. Additionally, I think the environment and attitude of the fans(students) reflect the environment and attitude of the football team(students) and vice-versa. It will not be friendly times in Gainsville. The worst crowd I've seen is @ UCF, I think the Gators will put that to shame. I'm putting on my thick skin when I go up there. Now with that being said, if they are truly vastly overrated (which they are) and we are truly vastly underrated (which we are not) then we should beat them on talent alone.

Side note

What is our realistic goal playing UF? #1) yes, to beat them, that is for sure. We have to say that, we wouldn't be fans or a team if we didn't but #1.5) if we are going to lose, which we are not. but if we did do it by 6pts or less. Why? Because this is still a statement game. Losing by less than 6pts combined with beating FSU last year and hopefully a good showing in Miami will solidify our argument that there should be the Big4 in Florida rather than the Big3. Couple that argument with a Holtz new era and all of the sudden we are recruiting 3 and 4 star players rather than 2 and 3 star players. We build a better team, a better program, compete yearly for whatever BCS conference title we are involved in and viola, a national championship.

Winning this game would be f'in awesome, but losing by 6 pts or less would be good too. Doesn't kill our season and brightens our future considerably.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Goes for one hour, have not mentioned  USF yet

USF lackluster performance over last couple of years doesnt get a program alot of air time

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Goes for one hour, have not mentioned  USF yet

USF lackluster performance over last couple of years doesnt get a program alot of air time

REALLY, Gee you think.

Archived