• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miller gets closure in USF camp

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

I think the USF Administration has pretty much ended the era of the football coach actually being in charge.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I think the USF Administration has pretty much ended the era of the football coach actually being in charge.

Why do you say that? Interesting viewpoint.

I think that like any organization once they overthrow a manager/coach they have their feet in the door and they aren't leaving.  I would guarantee you oversight, if not outright direction is no longer, in the hands of the coach.

I think that like any organization once they overthrow a manager/coach they have their feet in the door and they aren't leaving.  I would guarantee you oversight, if not outright direction is no longer, in the hands of the coach.

so it was an organizational conspiracy to overthrow leavitt and then the administration rewards miller for being a piece to the puzzle?

Back to that, huh?

Back to that, huh?

thats what i thought u meant

is that incorrect?

Incorrect.

It's clear to most, I would think, that the USF Administration had little sway over Jim Leavitt.  Many felt underpowered compared to him.  The fact that he was toppled gives them an opportunity to assert their power and influence.  I am sure they have and that our program will no longer be led by the football coach and his persona.  Good or bad.  It will be managed more closely by Woolard and his boss, Genshaft than ever before.  Not that I disagree because that brings ownership to them too.

Let's knock off the administration conspiracy bull.  The only conspiracy is the one you are fully aware of - that is the one among a handful of players and Brett McMurphy.

Incorrect.

It's clear to most, I would think, that the USF Administration had little sway over Jim Leavitt.  Many felt underpowered compared to him.  The fact that he was toppled gives them an opportunity to assert their power and influence.  I am sure they have and that our program will no longer be led by the football coach and his persona.  Good or bad.  It will be managed more closely by Woolard and his boss, Genshaft than ever before.  Not that I disagree because that brings ownership to them too.

Let's knock off the administration conspiracy bull.  The only conspiracy is the one you are fully aware of - that is the one among a handful of players and Brett McMurphy.

i just don't think leavitt was 'toppled' or 'overthrown'

its clear to most that he was fired for a variety of reasons worthy of termination (regardless of how USF handled the termination process)...

I think that decisions like the one made today, are the sole responsibility of the head coach... he manages his scholarships. I don't think Judy has any say in who gets a scholarship (beyond the academic committee)... I just can't see her being the one approving or disapproving scholarships for guys like Eric Schwartz, Mistral Raymond, or even Miller for that matter.

We have plenty of players on the team that maintain scholarships and are completely invisible on the field.

Toppled isn't really that confusing.  Overthrow is a bit more racy, but I didn't use it to imply conspiracy.  I know that is how Miller supporters attack USF and/or Leavitt supporters

I'm not debating all of our opinions on how and why he was fired.  I'm simply stating the opinion that a schollie was in the works under Leavitt (as you know) and it would be in USF's best interest to handle Miller with kid gloves and continue on with that schollie.  Undoubtedly, the Administration is not leaving Skip on an island by himself.  Too much at risk.

Archived