• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which losing streak(s) will we break this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I will go a step further and say we end our Thursday night losing streak as well, against WVU.

So...  @ UL, Rutgers, and Thursday nights

+1

Man I hope so...Fridays and the one Thursday we've had have ****** the last few years.

This is not true. USF has played one Friday game in each of the past three seasons, each one against a ranked opponent (West Virginia in 2007 and 2009, Kansas in 2008). USF won all three of those games.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scherdin

I will go a step further and say we end our Thursday night losing streak as well, against WVU.

+1

Man I hope so...Fridays and the one Thursday we've had have ****** the last few years.

This is not true. USF has played one Friday game in each of the past three seasons, each one against a ranked opponent (West Virginia in 2007 and 2009, Kansas in 2008). USF won all three of those games.

I was talking about the next day after we lost...

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Rutgers and Louisville, with Pitt a possibility.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

+1

I was talking about the next day after we lost...

I see. Carry on then!

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I didn't include UL because I was only considering consecutive losing streaks (and not considering home or away), but yes, I say we should break the streak at Papa Johns this year.

As for Miami, I didn't include them because they are non-conference and the 2 losses haven't been in back to back years.  That being said, wow, this is going to be rough.  It is very important that we get 1 or 2 of these while we have the series.  

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm hoping to break the losing of my lunch streak after the game-

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

The real question is when will Syracuse finally take us down? It's gonna happen eventually...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

RUTGERS

Schiano needs to be taken down a peg or two...............or three or four.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

i'm also pretty confident with Rutgers & UL, although I'll say we can beat Pitt at home and hopefully shake up the BE

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My vote is we beat UL at  (cue the annoying train whistle) Papa Johns stadium.  While I think RU would be great (I hate those mobster anusheads) it may be a tall order because...

I still think were going to see another fast start and mid-season slump.  With the exception of UF (a very winnable game) the first half of the schedule is very favorable with Stony Brook, WKU, FAU and the Cuse. 

Unfortunately, then it's back to back weeknight games at WVa and Cinci and we could easily see our Bulls start with a fast 4-1 or even 5-0 start suddenly be out of BE contention by Halloween.  That's not a very good recipe heading into another Busch league weeknight game against RU.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong!  

Since you hope your wrong, I'll give you reason to hope.  ;D  I think that our schedule is actually set up pretty well for a strong season. With our new offense and defense, we will have 4 games in the friendly confine of Ray Jay, before wandering out into the wilderness thaat is the BE road games. I'm leaning to the glass 1/2 full side of things. I hope that I'm correct.

Archived