• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last non-conference game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

16-0 in conference!

;D

Okay, maybe I should lay off the bourbon for lunch...

Screw that....nothing better than liquid optimism for the holidays.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

By the way, check out what Brian Swift said about this topic in an interview on the official site:

What are some of the team goals you have for the 2004-05 season?

This season I want our team to win 20 games, which we feel is very possible. Also I want us to get to the conference tournament, and ultimately the NCAA tournament.

This question was probably asked before the season started, but you've got to like the team's optimism.

From http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/News.asp?i=1190&s=Basketball

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

It can happen because college basketball is pretty much won on team work not so much talent. USF had talent during the Seth years, but there was not enough of team work or coaching. Dont forget that UAB and Depaul started to come of age last season, so anything is possible. It really all comes down to the breaks that you get. USF can not afford injuries are player defections this season. Last year was a wash becasue we barely could field a team. We had to use about three walkons for crying out loud, so you really cant be surprised of our final record. This season is going to be different. I promise you that USF will win more than 4 C-USA games if we stay healty and together. I also believe 15-12 will get us on the bubble for the NIT because that added more teams to the field than the 32 that the used to have. USF may get that play in game at 15-12. If nothing else, USF could win that 1st rd of the C-USA tourny to add another win. Who knows what will happen, but I feel alot better about this team than the last two seasons.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Last year Temple (out of the Atlantic Ten) got in at 15-13 with a SOS of 77 and a win over South Carolina a tournament team. It is difficult to find a team not from a major BCS conference who gets into the NIT with 15 wins, most of them have had 18 & up.

I would like to see us win a couple in the CUSA tournament, although finishing with only 4 or 5 conference wins is likely going to match us with an NCAA-caliber team in the second round.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

15-12 (8-8) should get a C USA team in the NIT but since our fans dont show up to support this team the NIT may not want a team that dosent draw the NIT is only about making money however C USA is tough and I bullieve that 8-8 gets the NIT

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Phil,

USF would have to play on the road for the NIT because of our crowds. Nothing new because USF played on the road against New Mexico St and Ball St during our last two NIT invites under Seth era.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

15-12 (8-8) should get a C USA team in the NIT but since our fans dont show up to support this team the NIT may not want a team that dosent draw the NIT is only about making money however C USA is tough and I bullieve that 8-8 gets the NIT

IMO The BasketBulls are only capable of 6-10 in CUSA.  The biggest issue is if the Bulls don't beat ECU in Greenville, a 0-4 in conference is not unrealistic.  That would not be good.