• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: USF facilities getting total makeover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

New football practice fields will be ready in December. They'll use the existing ones this season.

I was wondering how long it would take to build practice fields.  I am assuming the longest part will be getting the artificial turf, and the sod ready.  I think the soccer team deserves the new stadium.  they have had the most success out of all the teams.  It is very exciting times at USF.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought we just built a soccer stadium

Nope they just renovated the Track and Field facility.

True, but the soccer team plays their games in the same facility.

I realize this lol....I think you were confused by my post. I was saying that they did not build a new soccer stadium recently, but they have renovated the Track and Field/Soccer facility in recent years.

It was a joint project with Hillsborough County and it was literally the TRACK and parts of FIELD (i.e. the NON-SOCCER parts) where they hold things like long jump and pole vaulting.

I don't know if it was part of the same project, but the painted the outside of stadium and added some fencing and signage - but the STADIUM part where people sit has not really been touched since it was built (other than typical maintenance and probably some pressure washing from time to time).

• Content Count:  1,757

The SunDome reovations are in feasibility mode right now.  From the engineering standpoint they are still in the initial site review data gathering / fee proposal stage, no design work yet.

• Content Count:  993

New football practice fields will be ready in December. They'll use the existing ones this season.

What exactly will the new football practice complex consist of?  I'm aware of the new grass and turf, relocation, and no doubt lighting, but is there anything else?  Hopefully great drainage.

• Content Count:  771

The SunDome reovations are in feasibility mode right now.  From the engineering standpoint they are still in the initial site review data gathering / fee proposal stage, no design work yet.

The sundome needs it big time.  It is one big pile of junk. 

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Isn't the O'Connell Center at UF basically the same building as the Sundome, except the O'Connell Center has a natatorium and is set up for indoor track?  The O'Connell Center seems more up to date than the Sundome which is kind of a dreary looking place.  Is UF going to replace the O'Connell Center any time soon?

Guest Sunburned

Cut a check for $50,000,000 and they will start the upgrading!

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Its not going to cost anywhere near $50 million.

Guest Sunburned

Its not going to cost anywhere near $50 million.

I don't know who you are,  but the USF Board of Trustees seems to think otherwise.  See page 2 on the following PDF document.

http://system.usf.edu/board-of-trustees/finance-and-audit/pdfs/upcoming-meetings/052010/BofBill1112.pdf

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

"A few years ago, that would never have happened," Tandet said. "We're nationally known, and that's not because of the botany department or the physics department. It's because of the athletics department."

Because of football.

Archived