• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: USF facilities getting total makeover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

i thought we just built a soccer stadium

Nope they just renovated the Track and Field facility.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

True, but the soccer team plays their games in the same facility.

• Content Count:  4,879

which makes it pretty lousy for a soccer pitch.  the new set up should be reminiscent of when the old Rowdies played at Tampa Stadium and you sat right on top of the sidelines.

• Content Count:  1,390

True, but the soccer team plays their games in the same facility.

I realize this lol....I think you were confused by my post. I was saying that they did not build a new soccer stadium recently, but they have renovated the Track and Field/Soccer facility in recent years.

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

I'm very excited about the upgrades!

I do have a question about the in-ground soccer stadium. Has anyone ever been to an in-ground stadium? I went to a HS football game in Houston, TX and it was hot as hell! There wasn't good airflow granted it was natural turf which made the temp. ten degrees hotter.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have a question.  Where will the football team practice when training starts next month?  If they are not going to practice on the Morsani complex next month. . . then when is it estimated they will?

I remember during spring that they scrimmaged at One Buc Place, but I thought it was so they could re-seed the existing practice field.  Construction cams seem to show them leveling and marking the Morsani complex like it may be completed sooner than the other facility upgrades.

I would assume that they would continue to practice at the current practice fields since they are still untouched. I figure that the new fields will be ready in time for the start of the season.

• Content Count:  743

I'm very excited about the upgrades!

I do have a question about the in-ground soccer stadium. Has anyone ever been to an in-ground stadium? I went to a HS football game in Houston, TX and it was hot as hell! There wasn't good airflow granted it was natural turf which made the temp. ten degrees hotter.

That's an interesting point. I hadn't really considered that.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Arkansas States Football Stadium is build like that-and there is absolutely no airflow in that place....interesting enough, they did angle the ground in a way that allowed for "blanket" seating areas

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Personally, the plans I saw and heard about would reduce the seating in there in favor of luxury and private/club boxes, which are out of my price range, so I am not happy.  I think a renovation is in order, it is certainly old and dated, but I am not in favor of building it out for the ultra rich and where it will impact my tix location.  I like my seats.

Given that we don't sell out games, and the place seems cavernous, lowering the amount of seating shouldn't be an issue.  Additionally, while you may not want to see boxes and club seats added in, it really is anecessity for the program.  Not having those amenities is ridiculous, especially the lack of boxes.  The program needs the corporate support.

Sometime you have to break some eggs in order to make things better.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

New football practice fields will be ready in December. They'll use the existing ones this season.

Archived