• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TEXAS TURNS DOWN PAC-10 INVITE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

So it looks like the PAC-10 may end up wanting to add another member just to get a championship game.  They've ruined their round robin setup that they talked about cherishing only last year.  They won't be getting two auto bids.  And their proposed network may not get off the ground without Texas.

The Big Ten appears to be done for now.  Nebraska brings them to 12.  The SEC stays put.  The PAC-10 maybe adds one of the MWC teams like Utah or BYU. 

I think the last potential big move could be a Big East expansion to get up to nine or ten football teams.  Getting the non-football schools on board could be tough.  But if FedEx really would pay $10M a year then Memphis is a viable option.  And Tagliabue has likely been looking at how to start a Big East network that could work in the NE.

Crazy idea from me, but might we try to lure BC back and add Memphis?  That would maintain the balance between Catholic/non-Catholic schools and give us a nine game conference schedule for football.  And the ACC could add UCF or ECU, schools closer to their core.  It really comes down to money.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

So it looks like the PAC-10 may end up wanting to add another member just to get a championship game.  They've ruined their round robin setup that they talked about cherishing only last year.  They won't be getting two auto bids.  And their proposed network may not get off the ground without Texas.

The Big Ten appears to be done for now.  Nebraska brings them to 12.  The SEC stays put.  The PAC-10 maybe adds one of the MWC teams like Utah or BYU. 

I think the last potential big move could be a Big East expansion to get up to nine or ten football teams.  Getting the non-football schools on board could be tough.  But if FedEx really would pay $10M a year then Memphis is a viable option.  And Tagliabue has likely been looking at how to start a Big East network that could work in the NE.

Crazy idea from me, but might we try to lure BC back and add Memphis?  That would maintain the balance between Catholic/non-Catholic schools and give us a nine game conference schedule for football.  And the ACC could add UCF or ECU, schools closer to their core.  It really comes down to money.

Not crazy.  I think BC or Maryland could be lured back into the Big East.  Add a Memphis or Houston, and the Big East not only survives, but could flourish with its own network. 

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Great...so the Big 12 will have 10 teams and the Big 10 will have 12 teams.  ::)

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Great...so the Big 12 will have 10 teams and the Big 10 will have 12 teams.   ::)

Yeah why not that switch the names up...but the traditionalist would hate that. :D

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Great...so the Big 12 will have 10 teams and the Big 10 will have 12 teams.   ::)

Excellent point.. surprised I haven't realized that yet...

Interesting...

Provisions in this Big 12-Lite TV deal keep the schools from jumping conferences. So they are locked in together (for better or worse).

Provisions in this Big 12-Lite TV deal keep the schools from jumping conferences. So they are locked in together (for better or worse).

— Chip Brown (@ChipBrownHD)

June 15, 2010

Archived