• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF & Louisville to ACC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I know this is way off base but I got in an arguement with my son the Senior HS Kicker and he said no oneuses the SAT anymore because he only took the ACT - Does that make any sense ?  Is the ACT the big one now ?

I want to say the two tests are usually interchangable at most Public Schools.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

due to my own laziness, I haven't done any research on this... when to the conference transfers take effect?

In the case of the Big East, schools must give at least 27 months advance notice.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks it has been awhile for me but the SAT used to be the big one but I wasn't sure if it had changed.  Thanks for the input

• Content Count:  4,501

due to my own laziness, I haven't done any research on this... when to the conference transfers take effect?

In the case of the Big East, schools must give at least 27 months advance notice.

Or pay a fine ? 

Like 5 mil maybe ?

Or pay a fine ? 

Like 5 mil maybe ?

They pay the $5 Mil to leave even after they have given the required 27 months notice. If a school tried to go to another conference earlier, then they would be prevented from doing that by the courts, since the Big East would rightfully get an injuction against them.

Or pay a fine ? 

Like 5 mil maybe ?

They pay the $5 Mil to leave even after they have given the required 27 months notice. If a school tried to go to another conference earlier, then they would be prevented from doing that by the courts, since the Big East would rightfully get an injuction against them.

"COULD" get an injunction... but these kind of things tend to be negotiated and settled.

Remember, USF didn't pay C-USA when we left... instead, we agreed to schedule C-USA teams for five years... which was reduced to four, and the UCF games counted.

The Big East could let teams go by paying a fee and requiring scheduling like C-USA did.

Or pay a fine ? 

Like 5 mil maybe ?

"COULD" get an injunction... but these kind of things tend to be negotiated and settled.

Remember, USF didn't pay C-USA when we left... instead, we agreed to schedule C-USA teams for five years... which was reduced to four, and the UCF games counted.

The Big East could let teams go by paying a fee and requiring scheduling like C-USA did.

I was just attempting to explain that the $5 mil penalty to leave the conference is in addition to giving 27 months notice.

Of course, a school could negotiate with the Big East to leave sooner, but if it just decided on its own to go early to another conference then the Big East has the legal power to stop them.

The 27 months notice requirement was put in in order for the Big East to have sufficient time to get their ducks in a row, by adding other teams so that there would not be chaos within the conference during the transition.

I was just attempting to explain that the $5 mil penalty to leave the conference is in addition to giving 27 months notice.

Of course, a school could negotiate with the Big East to leave sooner, but if it just decided on its own to go early to another conference then the Big East has the legal power to stop them.

The 27 months notice requirement was put in in order for the Big East to have sufficient time to get their ducks in a row, by adding other teams so that there would not be chaos within the conference during the transition.

Wasn't trying to sound like I was correcting you, as you are absolutely right about the legal ramifications.

Just pointing out what is more likely - a negotiated settlement of sorts.

Although, let me tell you, the left-overs in the Big 12 will get RICH over the next two years.  Anyone leaving must give up 50% of their conference revenue for two years - which is then split among the remaining teams. 

If the Big 12 requires more than 8 votes to "settle" any expedited departure, then Baylor, ISU, KU, and KSU hold some powerful cards... what they could earn in two years is more than what USF has earned from the Big East AND C-USA combined.

Wasn't trying to sound like I was correcting you, as you are absolutely right about the legal ramifications.

Just pointing out what is more likely - a negotiated settlement of sorts.

Although, let me tell you, the left-overs in the Big 12 will get RICH over the next two years.  Anyone leaving must give up 50% of their conference revenue for two years - which is then split among the remaining teams. 

If the Big 12 requires more than 8 votes to "settle" any expedited departure, then Baylor, ISU, KU, and KSU hold some powerful cards... what they could earn in two years is more than what USF has earned from the Big East AND C-USA combined.

Well, I don't know the specifics about the Big 12. I do know, however, that there have been a number of recent articles suggesting that because of the great number of expected defections, the Big 12 will be forced to disband and schools leaving therefore won't be required to pay the hefty penalties that they would otherise be required if it remained intact.

• Content Count:  809

I honestly don't think academics have **** to do with the situation. Nor does basketball.

This whole conference expansion, is ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL.

If the ACC were to lose FSU, they'd need someone from a large market, otherwise their TV deal with ESPN/ABC is gonna drop.

Archived