• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF & Louisville to ACC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

So, people on the FSU boards that I read are talking about rumors they're hearing from SEC big boosters, saying that FSU and Clemson will join the SEC to bring the conference to 14 teams.

There was also a guy on the radio yesterday who said the ACC wants USF.

So maybe we'll see USF and Louisville head to the ACC when all is said and done.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  771

So, people on the FSU boards that I read are talking about rumors they're hearing from SEC big boosters, saying that FSU and Clemson will join the SEC to bring the conference to 14 teams.

There was also a guy on the radio yesterday who said the ACC wants USF.

So maybe we'll see USF and Louisville head to the ACC when all is said and done.

That would be sweet.  I would strike all other comments I made about big east teams breaking off.  I would care less what the BE would do. LOL  If this is true we would definitely have to go to bat for Louisville since they did the same for us 7 years ago.

• Content Count:  4,501

Not bad at all - Keep the presence in Florida with a bigger TV market and UL is a nice add.  In four short years I am not digging the BE - too much power in the BB side of the conference.

• Content Count:  5,241

I think it depends a lot on if the 5 remaining Big12 teams (texas, texas a & m, texas tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State) actually go to Pac 10.

I personally think the SEC and ACC wont make any changes, but the big east might pick up Kansas & Kansas St.

I think it depends a lot on if the 5 remaining Big12 teams (texas, texas a & m, texas tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State) actually go to Pac 10.

I personally think the SEC and ACC wont make any changes, but the big east might pick up Kansas & Kansas St.

I think it matters more what the Big Ten does, than the Pac 10 or Big 12.  The SEC won't change if the Big Ten stays at 12 - regardless of what the Pac 10 does.  The SEC will change if the Big Ten goes to 14 or 16.

As many others here have said, the bigger the shakeup, the better it will be for USF.

• Content Count:  809

USF's gonna end up in one of the main conferences when all is said and done.

• Content Count:  1,741

Sorry to say but those two schools would probably be the last two schools invited.  As I stated in another post, everything that has been floating around is that Rutgers and UCONN are the top two likely to be taken, which would give the ACC the entire Atlantic Coast TV wise, which is more people than any conference.

Sorry to say but those two schools would probably be the last two schools invited.  As I stated in another post, everything that has been floating around is that Rutgers and UCONN are the top two likely to be taken, which would give the ACC the entire Atlantic Coast TV wise, which is more people than any conference.

The only way the ACC grows is if the SEC grows and takes Florida State.

The only way the SEC grows is if the Big Ten adds more than Nebraska. Which means they add Rutgers.

Thus, they can't get Rutgers to replace Florida State.  Will they be happy with just Miami?  If the SEC takes both FSU and Miami, the ACC will want a Florida school.

Finally, Boston College won't play U Conn in an OOC game - but they'll be okay adding them as a conference foe? Hardly.

Not saying I have any clairvoyance or that your sources are dead wrong... but their conclusions don't logically follow.

Rutgers is still very much be considered by the big 10.  they will probably expand in stages as being reported now.  Uconn adds basketball, but not much in the form of tv market, plus would BC want to take uconn.  WVU adds prestige in football, good basketball, rabid fan base but no big tv market.  That leaves cinci..eh, Pitt(possibility), louisville, and south florida (13th media market and a second florida presence if sec takes fsu).  Plus mama bull has been posting how fast usf is growing academically.  Don't sell usf short, they are a very attractive university for the ACC.  

to add to my point it is good to have an in conference in-state rival.  I believe with the good relations we have with miami, they would go to bat for us.  florida has wanted to add fsu for awhile now.  They understand the importance of an in-state rival.

Archived