• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Source: USC football gets 2-year ban

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

looks like the kids could possibly transfer if they have 2 yrs of eligibility or less w/out having to sit a year....

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/10/usc-sanctions-could-allow-for-player-exodus/

also, this report is saying 20 schollys

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question, did kiffin have any incentives in his contract to make a bowl game? (I'm sure he did, but I was just wondering if anybody knew what they were)

I heard from a USC donor I know that the football team will lose 30 scholarships over three years. Looks like Pete Carroll knew exactly what he was doing when he got out of there, it ***** that he will never be held accountable for his role in this.

On the other hand, I'm not shedding a tear for Lane Kiffin. Though this probably works out better for him - he's never actually achieved anything as a coach, so now he has an excuse for his inevitable poor performance, plus he still gets that loaded contract regardless.

you're right, 30 scholly's.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/10/hammer-time-ncaa-strips-usc-of-30-scholarships/

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

wat an example of excelllnce

uSf shuld modle thenselves afte r USc

take off your green and go ggleglasses

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I have a question, did kiffin have any incentives in his contract to make a bowl game? (I'm sure he did, but I was just wondering if anybody knew what they were)

If smart, it's worded bowl eligible ....

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

cheaters should have gotten the death penalty

If smart, it's worded bowl eligible ....

with all the upper classmen he could possibly lose, he may not even get that

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

I heard from a USC donor I know that the football team will lose 30 scholarships over three years. Looks like Pete Carroll knew exactly what he was doing when he got out of there, it ***** that he will never be held accountable for his role in this.

On the other hand, I'm not shedding a tear for Lane Kiffin. Though this probably works out better for him - he's never actually achieved anything as a coach, so now he has an excuse for his inevitable poor performance, plus he still gets that loaded contract regardless.

you're right, 30 scholly's.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/10/hammer-time-ncaa-strips-usc-of-30-scholarships/

This is really devastating for USC. If I'm understanding it right and doing the match correctly, they will have about 50 scholarship players three years from now, depending on the number of transfers they lose. They have 22 seniors this year, which brings them to 69 players next year and allowing them a maximum of six signings because of the 75-scholarship limit. Then, add 30 total over the following two years, with 53 sophomores and juniors lost over those two years, bringing them to 52 total scholarships. Any other losses (transfers, academic ineligibles) will lower that number even further.

There will never be another death penalty in college sports; this is about as brutal a punishment as the NCAA will ever hand down. It's pretty bad for USC. It's going to be years before they can compete at a national level again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Pete Carroll is a God.  USC is infallible.  All Hail USC football.  USF does nothing right.

Smazza

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usc fans are devasted but they won the championships and would do it again

it was a fun run

please dont say usf football in same breath.usf hasnt won a thing.

Archived