• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More shakeup news

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Now Texas A&M is having talks with the SEC. Having there own network is very attractive. Which the SEC allows for there schools to do.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Texas A&M is having talks with the SEC. Having there own network is very attractive. Which the SEC allows for there schools to do.

It's also very attractive for Texas - but they will never join the SEC.  They almost didn't join the Big 12 because the Big 8 had some of the same practices as the SEC (oversigning partial qualifiers, for example).

A & M doesn't have the same issues with the SEC.

But I don't see the Texas Legislature allowing UT and A&M moving to different conferences.  The "talks with the SEC" is posturing by the athletic department to get some concessions out of the Pac-10 on scheduling for their non-revenue sports.

Man I hate this 'dark hole' time of year.  Who cares where/what/why or how the PAC 10 does or the Big 12 or any of them.  Let's just play some football!

Seriously? "Who cares"?  Come on BA - you know you care.  Imagine USF out of the Big East and back in C-USA?  You'd never get the chance to see the Bulls play without traveling to Tampa.

Sure, I'd rather be watching football than talking about it...  but at least expansion is making the time go by just a little bit faster.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I keep hearing rumblings about USF to the ACC, if (and they will) the SEC expands and takes either FSU or Miami.  Apparently the SEC is already exploring expansion in response to the Pac10/Big10 moves.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Now Texas A&M is having talks with the SEC.

I posted that last week. Their AD is not too enamored at the prospect of traveling to Washington and Oregon. Still think they go wherever Texas wants to go.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

I keep hearing rumblings about USF to the ACC, if (and they will) the SEC expands and takes either FSU or Miami.  Apparently the SEC is already exploring expansion in response to the Pac10/Big10 moves.

I hope it comes true.

• Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

The four Texas teams from the B12 South are a package deal. They go together or not at all. The legislature has made that very clear. They only way Colorado gets included is if one of the Oklahomas gets left out, which is unlikely IMO)

I think it's a done deal.

The B12 South + the Arizonas becomes the P10 East

Mizzou, Nebraska, and Kansas jump to the B10 (along with ND and Rutgers)

The last 3 teams of the B12 North (K-State, Iowa St, Colorado) keep the B12 name, absorb the MWC, and add maybe Boise, Idaho, Utah St and Fresno from the WAC to become a 16-team BCS conference.

They'd have to reapply for bcs status, it was in an article someone posted on another thread, but here is what it said:

"If the Pac-10 swiped six teams from the Big 12 and Missouri or Nebraska went to the Big Ten, the Big 12 would become defunct. Under N.C.A.A. guidelines, a conference needs at least six universities that have played together for five years. The Big 12 would lose its Bowl Championship Series bid and automatic bid to the N.C.A.A. basketball tournament. That could leave colleges like Kansas and Kansas State to be snapped up by the Big East, which could be its best bet to continue using the lure of a B.C.S. bid for football recruits."

Guest nybullsfan

The four Texas teams from the B12 South are a package deal. They go together or not at all. The legislature has made that very clear. They only way Colorado gets included is if one of the Oklahomas gets left out, which is unlikely IMO)

I think it's a done deal.

The B12 South + the Arizonas becomes the P10 East

Mizzou, Nebraska, and Kansas jump to the B10 (along with ND and Rutgers)

The last 3 teams of the B12 North (K-State, Iowa St, Colorado) keep the B12 name, absorb the MWC, and add maybe Boise, Idaho, Utah St and Fresno from the WAC to become a 16-team BCS conference.

They'd have to reapply for bcs status, it was in an article someone posted on another thread, but here is what it said:

"If the Pac-10 swiped six teams from the Big 12 and Missouri or Nebraska went to the Big Ten, the Big 12 would become defunct. Under N.C.A.A. guidelines, a conference needs at least six universities that have played together for five years. The Big 12 would lose its Bowl Championship Series bid and automatic bid to the N.C.A.A. basketball tournament. That could leave colleges like Kansas and Kansas State to be snapped up by the Big East, which could be its best bet to continue using the lure of a B.C.S. bid for football recruits."

Yah, saw that.

The MWC teams meet that qualification by themselves, so it's still "possible" for this combination to become AQ, but unlikely.

Another possibility is that the B12 and MWC merge BEFORE the B12 South jumps to P10, in order to maintain the AQ status. Again, unlikely.

Or they could just apply for a hardship exemption. We can loan them our lawyer, haha.

Anyway, I still think something very similar to my prediction is going to happen, even if the MWC/B12 combo doesn't get BCS status right away.

Hey Mods, how about merging all these conference realignment threads into a single thread??!!?!

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I read somewhere a suggestion for the SEC to invite Carolina, Duke, Louisville, and Kansas instead of the oft mentioned teams, with the reason being they already had a huge football presence.  It makes a lot of sense to me and would give them a great basketball conference as well as football.

go Bulls!

Archived