• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

God Bless The Rays for Getting Tampa Hyped for Sports!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

Oh Man! I love the Rays! Best record in baseball? Cmon man! This is making for the Best Football offseason ever and when Football Season rolls around and the Rays are on their way to the playoffs? I dont know if I can handle this guys. The MLB postseason and a Holtz New Era? I think I am going to need an inhaler or something!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'm loving it too, but its still not football.

• Content Count:  809

hopefully a Rays playoff run won't affect attendance at early season Bulls games.

• Content Count:  1,079

Best record in baseball yes.... But sad part is only time when people make it out to the stadium is when the Yankee's or Red Sox are in town and then it becomes nearly a home game for both those teams

• Content Count:  771

Best record in baseball yes.... But sad part is only time when people make it out to the stadium is when the Yankee's or Red Sox are in town and then it becomes nearly a home game for both those teams

I believe the rays had the 5 largest crowd in baseball last night.  Granted if the stadium was in tampa there would have been 10000 more people at the game.  they are doing remarkable things this year.

• Content Count:  5,241

The season is too long and baseball is too boring for me to care even if the local team is winning

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I believe the rays had the 5 largest crowd in baseball last night.  Granted if the stadium was in tampa there would have been 10000 more people at the game.  they are doing remarkable things this year.

While I do make it to a few games each year, I completely agree with that comment.

I know I would go to a lot more, and others that I know would do the same (and some even START going) if it was located in a more centralized location.  Its great for people in St. Pete and Lower/Middle Tampa, but for out in Sefner, Wesley Chapel, and all areas out here... its quite a drive

• Content Count:  99

This has become such a cliche and just isn't true.

They get over 25K for just about every weekend game.

The attendance really seems to be picking up for weekdays too. Almost 20K for a Monday night game against the Indians. 18K for a 1pm game on a tuesday.

I wouldn't be surprised if it became commonplace for this team to get about 30K for weekend games and the high teens for weekday games once school gets out.

• Content Count:  1,390

My family has been making the nearly 3 hour drive from the east coast to Rays games for about 5 years now. Heck, I made the drive Friday with my dad for the Mariners game and yesterday with one of my friends for the Cleveland game. It annoys the hell out of me that so many in Tampa/St. Pete fuss over a 30 minute/1 hour drive to go see major league baseball!

• Content Count:  2,277

Oh Man! I love the Rays! Best record in baseball? Cmon man! This is making for the Best Football offseason ever and when Football Season rolls around and the Rays are on their way to the playoffs? I dont know if I can handle this guys. The MLB postseason and a Holtz New Era? I think I am going to need an inhaler or something!

You ever get your Justin.tv channel or similar set up since they took it down? It came in handy last year for watching the games at work. I use Orb now but the quality isn't as good.

Archived