• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF offers Plant QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Fisher.  Then based on your feelings of academic grandeur, Tim Tebone wasn't SMART enough to win a national championship.

That doesn't follow logically from what he said. More like, being really smart isn't necessary to win championships.

Actually, I believe the point fisher was getting at is that it doesn't matter what WE think. He's got to get to by the AC to get in ...

Exactly, you can root to have the fastest kids with the lowest test scores and say it doesnt matter, but the USF academic committee has the final say, and as we have saw last year, it matters a great deal.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  143

Playing devils advocate here, but isn't this the same academic committee that landed the poor overall academic grades during Leavitts reign?  Just saying.  I'd say it's more of a stronger stance from Holtz than anyone, and him working in conjunction with the AC.

• Content Count:  1,757

Playing devils advocate here, but isn't this the same academic committee that landed the poor overall academic grades during Leavitts reign?  Just saying.  I'd say it's more of a stronger stance from Holtz than anyone, and him working in conjunction with the AC.

No it is not. This committee was formed within the last couple of years to improve the APR and further review recruits. No longer can they simply meet NCAA requirements. It has obviously helped over the last year. APR has increased dramatically

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

OVERRATED!!!!

And Hatter.  How good is your brother at throwing a football?  Smart enough to know how to wear a jock strap?  Point is, who the heck cares if he got a 820 besides you guys?

we need to have SOME standards... an 820 is a very bad score... he will have more opportunities to raise that score in the coming months.

• Content Count:  100

I guess the second half of my statement wasn't about redfisher's post specifically, only the part in which I said he didn't say "Tebow wasn't smart enough to win a championship." Obviously nobody would say that, because Tebow won championships. So the argument that athletes should want to get higher scores obviously isn't just because it would make them better football players, it's for the sake of not being stupid.

And getting scores on the SAT in the 800s is stupid, no matter how you defend it. Not everybody is going to get 1300, but 800 is embarrassing.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I guess the second half of my statement wasn't about redfisher's post specifically, only the part in which I said he didn't say "Tebow wasn't smart enough to win a championship." Obviously nobody would say that, because Tebow won championships. So the argument that athletes should want to get higher scores obviously isn't just because it would make them better football players, it's for the sake of not being stupid.

And getting scores on the SAT in the 800s is stupid, no matter how you defend it. Not everybody is going to get 1300, but 800 is embarrassing.

for use guys who haven't had to take the SAT in a long time, 1600 was the max when I took it, what does an 800 equate to now?

for use guys who haven't had to take the SAT in a long time, 1600 was the max when I took it, what does an 800 equate to now?

That's still the context I'm talking about. The max score now is 2400, but I am hoping these scores are out of 1600. If they are getting 800 out of a max score of 2400, that's even worse. The minimum score on the SAT now is 600, so 800 would be even more humiliating.

• Content Count:  143

You do understand that an 800 is not simply 1/3 of a 2400 score.  It's somewhat relative.  An IP prodigee getting an 800 is one thing, a high school athlete seeking entrance to a university to play football is another.  Remember these are minimal levels to get into COLLEGE.  We're not even taking into account that the amount of kids dropping out is higher than ever.  Either way, "no kids left behind" failed miserably.

Because the lowest possible score is actually 600 and not zero, 800 is actually far lower than one-third of the possible points.

But like I said, I'm pretty sure the scores we're discussing here are out of the traditional 1600, because 800 on the 2400 scale is borderline mentally retarded, compared with just the incredibly stupid that is indicated by 800 on the 1600 scale.

Archived