• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wonder what Poland thinks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Dojo isn't coming back. Trust me.

Yeah, I'm really going to take your word for it. lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

I dont think he comes back either....... Hope he enjoys the D League.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I dont think he comes back either....... Hope he enjoys the D League.

If he doesn't, completely agree with you. He isn't good enough right now to be on an NBA roster.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Jones still in NBA draft

Posted May 07, 2010 by Scott Carter

Updated May 07, 2010 at 12:41 PM

The clock is ticking for underclassmen who entered their name into the NBA draft to reconsider and remain eligible to return to school.

USF’s Dominique Jones is one of those players who has until tomorrow to change his mind.

Jones told the Tribune recently he was staying in the draft. His dad told another newspaper this week that he was reconsidering.

As I write this blog, Jones is working out for the Boston Celtics.

The workout is expected to end around 3 p.m., and Jones wants to hear what the Celtics tell him so he can get one last piece of advice to back up his decision to leave school this semester and focus on training for the draft.

Is there any chance he might change his mind? From talking to various people close to Jones, that’s unlikely.

Here is what his father, Norman Jones, said earlier today about his son’s final decision:

“We’ll know that definitely by 4 o’clock today,’’ Norman Jones said. “I don’t expect him [to change his mind], but we aren’t going to take any crapshots with his life and career.

“He is not going to settle for just getting picked.’’

Jones is considered by most draft analysts a late first-round, early second-round pick. His father said Jones’ goal is to move up into the middle of the first round. He said from what they have heard from teams, about 60 to 70 percent of the information they have gathered is positive.

While Jones has not officially signed with an agent, he has been in the Atlanta area for the past three weeks working out with a group that includes former NBA and college players near the Atlanta Falcons training complex in Suwanee, Georgia.

He is being advised by NBA agent Michael Hodges, who has worked closely with another Lake Wales product in the past: NBA star Amare Stoudemire. If Jones does sign with an agent, Hodges is likely the one.

What are some factors playing a role in Jones’ final decision? He recently said watching West Virginia’s Da’Sean Butler blow out his knee in the Final Four made him think—Butler was a senior who returned to school after contemplating a jump to the NBA as a junior—and Jones also spoke about former USF football player George Selvie’s drop having an influence on him.

Once projected as a first-round NFL pick, Selvie stayed in school and was a seventh-round draft pick in last month’s NFL draft.

Regardless of whether Jones pulls a shocker and comes back to school, I hope you’ll check out a profile of what makes him tick—and how that played a role in his decision—in Sunday’s Tampa Tribune.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/jones-still-in-nba-draft/

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He has 3 years of eligibilty. He'll get over it.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

****, Jones citing Selvie.

Selvie was always overrated, even his 31.5 TFL year. Jones has actually been getting better. I hope he doesn't feel like Carlton Mitchell in June.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Guess this is a moot point now. 

Archived