• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

End of the USF baseball game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Which completely ignores the question of why the hell we're losing a baseball game to FLORIDA GULF COAST.

Ignorant.

No, not really. If you think you're a good team, you beat FGCU at home. They were in Division II a couple of years ago, and yet Prado is 1-3 against them.

But we are not a good team. We are 19-23 overall and 2-14 against teams in the top 100 of the RPI.... And yes they were D2 a few years ago, yet they have nicer baseball facilities than the ones that we currently do. Our facilities are a JOKE compared to most other programs that are at least semi serious about baseball. Can't wait for our new stadium to be built!

• Content Count:  171

For the record I have been to more games than anyone on here except the folks in "THE OFFICE".

Falla is not a big slow first baseman. . .he's a very athletic kid.  With Mendez and Taylor in the lineup and Lockwood hurt, I would imagine he was the best option to run for Todd.

Florida Gulf Coast is a good program; however, I would agree that you can't really compete with the Floridas and Miamis if you keep losing to the Florida Gulf Coasts, Jacksonvilles, and Florida Internationals.

Prado was brought here to build a stadium and it's on the way.  Other than that, the baseball program is in really sad shape right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

We were at last night's game through the 6th.  There seems to be many long, long games at USF this year.  The FGCU coach seemed to be treating the game like a spring training game - using pitchers for one inning plus, changing pitchers in the middle of innings for no apparent reason.  Almost 2 1/2 hours is crazy for a college baseball game.

I know this is off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread for this.

Our pitchers, other than a couple of the weekend guys, really can't seem to get many people out.  We've attended mostly middle of the week games just because of schedule conflicts and the pitching as been mostly horrendous.  Doesn't bode well for the future of USF baseball when these guys will have to pitch weekends.

Oh, and FGCU has a probably first round draft pick on their staff.  Heard that tidbit on the radio as we were driving home.

• Content Count:  5,241

Im hearing Prado is suspended for our game at Miami and the ump is banned from...Umpiring(?) a  D-1 baseball game for the rest of the season.

• Content Count:  1,985

Which completely ignores the question of why the hell we're losing a baseball game to FLORIDA GULF COAST.

Ignorant.

No, not really. If you think you're a good team, you beat FGCU at home. They were in Division II a couple of years ago, and yet Prado is 1-3 against them.

But we are not a good team. We are 19-23 overall and 2-14 against teams in the top 100 of the RPI.... And yes they were D2 a few years ago, yet they have nicer baseball facilities than the ones that we currently do. Our facilities are a JOKE compared to most other programs that are at least semi serious about baseball. Can't wait for our new stadium to be built!

So tired of hearing how our facilities are a joke as an excuse for losing.  Great we are getting a new stadium, but the women win on field that is put to shame by most county parks.  The field itself is fine.  Look at the Bucs, they won a superbowl with what many felt were the worst practice facilities in the NFL.  They got state of the art and haven't done squat. 

• Content Count:  171

Unfortunately 2 1/2 hours is nothing for a college baseball game.  A well played low scoring game will take that long.  A poorly played high scoring game gets you to 3 hours and beyond.

With regard to the pitching:

Stultz the projected number 1 hasn't thrown all season.

Delphey who started the season in the weekend rotation has been out for months.

Kaufman the third starter has been battling injuries as well as the Tues starter.

They have a ton of injuries on the pitching staff.  When healthy it is definitely the strength of this team.

Nobull. . . .I seriously doubt anything along the lines of a permanent ban could have happened so fast so I would suspect it is just a rumor. 

• Content Count:  1,412

The stadium does impact recruiting, how much, don't know but it does impact it negatively.  However, it seems the team won just fine in the 90's with the stadium.

Seemed like Prado was brought in to build a stadium, however, I don't think he had that much to do with it as the AD deciding to finance it as a total project.

All Florida schools have the ability to beat another, will they beat them 9 out of 10 times?  NO!  but any Florida team can beat another, Florida has that much talent.

• Content Count:  1,390

The facilities argument is probably getting a bit tired for you guys, but do you all realize what has been built in the past 5 years? Our stadium wasn't looked upon as a high school stadium in the 90s. It has that reputation now. And it's more than just a stadium. It's indoor batting tunnels, nice clubhouses, all sorts of amenities that were not present in college baseball just 10 years ago.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

Unfortunately 2 1/2 hours is nothing for a college baseball game.  A well played low scoring game will take that long.   A poorly played high scoring game gets you to 3 hours and beyond.

With regard to the pitching:

Stultz the projected number 1 hasn't thrown all season.

Delphey who started the season in the weekend rotation has been out for months.

Kaufman the third starter has been battling injuries as well as the Tues starter.

They have a ton of injuries on the pitching staff.  When healthy it is definitely the strength of this team.

Nobull. . . .I seriously doubt anything along the lines of a permanent ban could have happened so fast so I would suspect it is just a rumor.   

Teddy has been sitting in the stands with his arm in a sling.  So I'm assuming he's done for the season? 

Add to the pitching injuries, Ryan Lockwood has been out for what seems to be weeks now.  I thought he has just fouled a ball off his knee.  Anyone know what the injury is?  Sam Mende was a trooper playing while is jaw was wired.  His sister said that he went a long time without solid foods and was getting pretty weak before finally getting back to solids.

Archived