• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only one FSU player picked with a round and half left

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

That's such bull$hit logic.

"oh, we had more draft picks, we're better than them"

Come on dude....Arizona State had 4 picks....so they're better than FSU?

USF had 5 picks.....yet we can't even finish in the top 25???

James Madison had 2 picks....does that make them a quality team cause they had more picks than some BCS schools?

I agree, but here's better logic:

17-7

We're better than them.

Possibly, or, "We were better than them that day". We may have "passed" them, which I don't think has happened BTW. But to say that were better than them based on 1 game is like saying BYU has passed Oklahoma, or any other upset team is better than the team they beat. On that day yes, but usually not overall.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

That's such bull$hit logic.

"oh, we had more draft picks, we're better than them"

Come on dude....Arizona State had 4 picks....so they're better than FSU?

USF had 5 picks.....yet we can't even finish in the top 25???

James Madison had 2 picks....does that make them a quality team cause they had more picks than some BCS schools?

I agree, but here's better logic:

17-7

We're better than them.

Possibly, or, "We were better than them that day". We may have "passed" them, which I don't think has happened BTW. But to say that were better than them based on 1 game is like saying BYU has passed Oklahoma, or any other upset team is better than the team they beat. On that day yes, but usually not overall.

Yeah, Ponder was injured before that game, too.  He didn't have the same mobility.  Their defensive staff sucked, too, and now they are all gone.  I believe none of them landed anywhere good, either.

They still had a great recruiting class, which is frustrating, but we have been a better team than them for 3 or 4 years.  I just hope we improve as much as they might this season and that we can at least close the gap in recruiting starting this year.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Their defensive staff sucked because they didn't end up anywhere good?  Where did our staff end up outside the 4 that were retained?

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I know for many on this board, arguing with the facts is a way of life, but what better measure of two teams is there than head to head results? Throwing out hypthetical situations or making excuses for why we won is nonsense.

• Content Count:  3,403

Their defensive staff sucked because they didn't end up anywhere good?  Where did our staff end up outside the 4 that were retained?

That's not why, that's just a result.  Their defense was almost the worst in the nation last year, and they have talent.  Speaking of having talent (5 players making NFL rosters) and underachieving, maybe our staff did, too, huh?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

I know for many on this board, arguing with the facts is a way of life, but what better measure of two teams is there than head to head results? Throwing out hypthetical situations or making excuses for why we won is nonsense.

I truly hope that the wide net that you've cast does not include me. I made no excuses about that day.  I'm just pointing out that 1 game doesn't mean that team a is better than team b other than on that day. FSU beat the snot out of BYU in Provo last year, so does that mean that they and then we by succession are now a better program than BYU? On any given day.

• Content Count:  3,802

We'd beat BYU a majority of times in a 7 game series. BYU is grossly overrated. BYU and Boise State are the two biggest overrated teams in the non-AQ conferences (TCU and Utah are legit).

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I truly hope that the wide net that you've cast does not include me. I made no excuses about that day.  I'm just pointing out that 1 game doesn't mean that team a is better than team b other than on that day. FSU beat the snot out of BYU in Provo last year, so does that mean that they and then we by succession are now a better program than BYU? On any given day.

That's hypothetical. There's no result to prove it. I'm not advocating the use of such logic (in which case we would be better than the 2007 Florida Gators by way of their loss to AU whom we beat). I'm just looking at the result on the field, which no one can successfully argue against. Anything else is merely specualtion.

• Content Count:  771

We'd beat BYU a majority of times in a 7 game series. BYU is grossly overrated. BYU and Boise State are the two biggest overrated teams in the non-AQ conferences (TCU and Utah are legit).

didn't boise state beat tcu and oklahoma in bcs bowl games????  I agree with byu, but boise state???  They also beat a good oregon team last year. 

• Content Count:  3,802

didn't boise state beat tcu and oklahoma in bcs bowl games????  I agree with byu, but boise state???  They also beat a good oregon team last year. 

Boise State is the master of getting up for 'Big Time' games. Just like we were under Leavitt really. The problem with our schedule was we had 'Big Time' games much more often. Boise gets to play 1 or 2 good teams a year (incl. their bowl game) and the rest of the games are against completely irrelevant teams.

Archived