• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only one FSU player picked with a round and half left

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I know for many on this board, arguing with the facts is a way of life, but what better measure of two teams is there than head to head results? Throwing out hypthetical situations or making excuses for why we won is nonsense.

I truly hope that the wide net that you've cast does not include me. I made no excuses about that day.  I'm just pointing out that 1 game doesn't mean that team a is better than team b other than on that day. FSU beat the snot out of BYU in Provo last year, so does that mean that they and then we by succession are now a better program than BYU? On any given day.

That's hypothetical. There's no result to prove it. I'm not advocating the use of such logic (in which case we would be better than the 2007 Florida Gators by way of their loss to AU whom we beat). I'm just looking at the result on the field, which no one can successfully argue against. Anything else is merely specualtion.

For that day, yes we were better. However, to say that we now have a better team (which means program) is pure, unadulterated speculation. To say that we are a better program based on 1 game, is akin to how a few years ago ESPN was saying that USC was the greatest team of all time. Right up until Texas beat them in the National Title game that year.

This discussion, is a prime example of what happens when it's the off season.  ;D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived