• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Mitchell to Cleveland in Rd 6

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We can play what ifs all day, but the fact remains, he's going to make more $$$$$ this year than most college grads will in nearly five years plus.

It's hard to call that a stupid move.

According to this every player should just leave at the first time they're graded to be drafted anywhere then, which is pretty absurd and is generally bad advice. Some things appreciate with time, draft status is often one of them.

With the benefit of hindsight it looks like this was a bad idea, on a purely financial level at least. Many 6th rd picks don't even make their team. Trae Williams was a 5th rd pick that has never been more than a practice squad player (i think he made it to th Steelers' active roster last yr for a couple games actually), I don't think he's earning $300k.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

I never thought he was that good to begin with. I still wish him the best. He would have benefitted big time w/ 1 more year. This was a very talent heavy draft.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

We can play what ifs all day, but the fact remains, he's going to make more $$$$$ this year than most college grads will in nearly five years plus.

According to this [glow=red,2,300] every player[/glow] should just leave at the first time they're graded to be drafted anywhere then, which is pretty absurd and is generally bad advice. Some things appreciate with time, draft status is often one of them.

With the benefit of hindsight it looks like this was a bad idea, on a purely financial level at least. Many 6th rd picks don't even make their team. Trae Williams was a 5th rd pick that has never been more than a practice squad player (i think he made it to th Steelers' active roster last yr for a couple games actually), I don't think he's earning $300k.

You should try generalizing it.   ::)

• Content Count:  3,403

According to this [glow=red,2,300] every player[/glow] should just leave at the first time they're graded to be drafted anywhere then, which is pretty absurd and is generally bad advice. Some things appreciate with time, draft status is often one of them.

You should try business school.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

You should try business school.

My major was in business (Marketing.)  That's why I know the chance to make six figures isn't a stupid move even if one MIGHT make more later.  Emphasis on MIGHT.  How much did you make your first year after school?

Archived