• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jerome Murphy 1st pick of the 3rd to Rams

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

This team was better because Jerome Murphy was on it. He did whatever the coaches asked, played Safety, Nickel, Cornerback, and Special Teams. He was a huge key to our success and hardly the only person to get penalized. The guy hit like a truck. Jerome isn't the reason we stunk in 2008 or 2009, it was a team effort and he's going to make a splash in that defense in the NFL.

You're not implying that people who judge football players for a living know more than a bunch of Internet board geeks, are you??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

He didnt start the most games.... he played the most games

Murphy is a good pick tho

This team was better because Jerome Murphy was on it. He did whatever the coaches asked, played Safety, Nickel, Cornerback, and Special Teams. He was a huge key to our success and hardly the only person to get penalized. The guy hit like a truck. Jerome isn't the reason we stunk in 2008 or 2009, it was a team effort and he's going to make a splash in that defense in the NFL.

Yes, he hit like a truck, usually 5 yards out of bounds.

Again he wasn't the only person getting penalized. He's also started the most games in USF history. If the coaching staff thought he was a liability that would not be the case. I see everyone saying they want Carlton back even though he was inconsistent and dropped too many balls. Pretty hypocritical.

Doesn't matter, he's representing USF in the NFL so let's use his draft thread to **** on him.  ::)

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he wont last long if he doesnt change 180 degrees

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

he was drafted on potential....potential, meaning he has the possibilty of one day being good...meaning he was not good at usf (especially in 2009).  if you dont enough brains to eventually realize that continous late hits and personal fouls cost your team games, youre a moron.  has anyone actually ever seen him WRAP UP on a tackle?  of course he wasnt the only player penalized, and not the only reason we stunk, but he was a BIG part of it, the biggest imo.

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

he was drafted on potential....potential, meaning he has the possibilty of one day being good...meaning he was not good at usf (especially in 2009).  if you dont enough brains to eventually realize that continous late hits and personal fouls cost your team games, youre a moron.  has anyone actually ever seen him WRAP UP on a tackle?  of course he wasnt the only player penalized, and not the only reason we stunk, but he was a BIG part of it, the biggest imo.

Everyone is drafted on potential. Pretty damning evidence that top draft picks have a 50% washout rate (per Peter King). Sam Bradford, Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, and every pick right up to Mr. Irrelevant are all picked on potential.

Jerome Murphy was good and is good. He went 65th overall in what is considered to be the deepest draft, especially on defense, in the last decade. You'll never convince me that having him not on the field made USF a better team. That's my stance and I'll stop posting about it, since I still find it baffling to defend a USF player in his own draft thread.

You're not implying that people who judge football players for a living know more than a bunch of Internet board geeks, are you??

No, I think that's a bit too presumptuous. I'll give message board posters the benefit of the doubt regardless of what draft experts and every NFL coach and GM says.

Archived