• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

lack of talent

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

sn's all florida team for upcoming year has one bull on it---ol genus

3 ftu/ou/oc

1 fau

1 fiu

and the rest from big 3

this is the answer why usf has competed for a conference championship

holtz will change

Yet we are 10(?)-2 against Florida teams all-time, only losing to Miami.

Just to play devil's advocate..

...And, aside from beating FSU our next most impressive victory is vs. UCF.

True, but we also need to remember that The Sporting News isn't the best talent evaluater. It's a popularity constest.

We're still battling to be as good as the Top 3 in the state, buut ae much better than the others.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

3 ftu/ou/oc

1 fau

1 fiu

and the rest from big 3

holtz will change

Not really the point. smazza is saying our talent level compared to in state schools is why we lose conference games.  Shouldn't the talent comparison be against Big East teams?  I'm merely pointing out the fact that regardless that UCF has more players on the all-florida team, we've never lost to them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

3 ftu/ou/oc

1 fau

1 fiu

and the rest from big 3

holtz will change

Not really the point. smazza is saying our talent level compared to in state schools is why we lose conference games.  Shouldn't the talent comparison be against Big East teams?  I'm merely pointing out the fact that regardless that UCF has more players on the all-florida team, we've never lost to them.

How would that list have looked last year, or the year before or next year? Basing an overall opinion on that snapshot list is stupid ... and expected from him. And it's a PRE season list. Let's see how it looks after the season, where it really matters.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

triple b you supported leavitt until he was thrown out of here

triple b you thought leavitt was doing a good job

holtz will finally recruit the players necessary to compete for a conference title

usf finishes so poorly that it really hasnt been fun to wait until the end of the season

it is far more fun to have talented players and being thought of as a contender than a 6-6 team

after 12 years leavitt made usf an average to below average teanm

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

It's weakness I have .... supportiing my team's coaches until the situation gets really dire. It hadn't reached that point yet, IMO ...

True, good, not great, counselor ...

holtz will finally recruit the players necessary to compete for a conference title

Holtz will compete for a conference title with players from both regime. You keep forgetting we had our best recruiting class ever in 2009 ... We're going to put the most Bulls ever into the NFL draft this year .... Will you please just ******* shut up about the talent. You sound like an imbecile going back and forth with your excuses ...

usf finishes so poorly that it really hasnt been fun to wait until the end of the season

Agreed.

it is far more fun to have talented players and being thought of as a contender than a 6-6 team

The last time we finished 6-6 was 5 years ago and I don't think we've been thought of as one since then ...

I'll go with average to above average .... which is right about where we should have been in this point of our development ...

Well, there's 5 wasted minutes of my life I'll never get back.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The funny thing is that despite losing so many players to the draft, Holtz seems quite PLEASED with the amount of talent on this team. In fact, he's said that he's never had as much depth on any d-line before. Sure, there are some holes which need to be filled by some younger players and lack of experienced depth here and there, but overall our talent level is much better than he ever expected. I'm not going to bother looking up his exact quotes, but people who have been seriously following his remarks know that to be the case.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Someone photoshop the old Obama "Hope" poster, replace Obama with Holtz, and replace Hope with "Coach."

This will please the smazza

holtz.png

Now can someone do this in GREEN and GOLD and put it on a shirt. I'll buy it.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Here is just one comment from Holtz on Twitter:

I'm pleasantly surprised with the talent on this team. We need to hone in on fundamentals & discipline, but there is no lack of talent

4:07 AM Mar 23rd via web

The funny thing is that despite losing so many players to the draft, Holtz seems quite PLEASED with the amount of talent on this team. In fact, he's said that he's never had as much depth on any d-line before. Sure, there are some holes which need to be filled by some younger players and lack of experienced depth here and there, but overall our talent level is much better than he ever expected. I'm not going to bother looking up his exact quotes, but people who have been seriously following his remarks know that to be the case.

holtz is a salesman and wouldnt say anything else

It's weakness I have .... supportiing my team's coaches until the situation gets really dire. It hadn't reached that point yet, IMO ...

True, good, not great, counselor ...

Holtz will compete for a conference title with players from both regime. You keep forgetting we had our best recruiting class ever in 2009 ... We're going to put the most Bulls ever into the NFL draft this year .... Will you please just ******* shut up about the talent. You sound like an imbecile going back and forth with your excuses ...

Agreed.

The last time we finished 6-6 was 5 years ago and I don't think we've been thought of as one since then ...

I'll go with average to above average .... which is right about where we should have been in this point of our development ...

Well, there's 5 wasted minutes of my life I'll never get back.

by the time holtz competes for a conference title there will be  A minority of leavitt players

Archived