• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whose in for Gators in baseball tonight?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

This team is pathetic. (and please save your, "but this team is #6 in the nation" excuses)

7-0 UF, bottom of the 1st.

I'd be fine with that score if it was football, but..... >:(

Yes, it was a bad performance, but what were you expecting from the #5 starter in our injured pitching rotation against the #7 team in the nation, in a game that we all know means nothing to our season.

How about the team doesn't get embarrassed in front of the biggest crowd ever at their home field?

UF recently lost their 2nd best starting pitcher and their starting center fielder for the season...everyone has injuries. And you really think that UF cared about this game tonight? They're looking forward to that series against #4 Arkansas this weekend and #3 LSU the next... both at home. We were a final practice.

This team has the potential, we just have to put it all together. It's been frustrating as hell for me....I can't even imagine what the players are thinking.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We got pounded.  Hard.

• Content Count:  1,412

Hopefully they realize they suck and personally don't want their careers to peak in High School!

This is unacceptable!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

How about the team doesn't get embarrassed in front of the biggest crowd ever at their home field?

UF recently lost their 2nd best starting pitcher and their starting center fielder for the season...everyone has injuries. And you really think that UF cared about this game tonight? They're looking forward to that series against #4 Arkansas this weekend and #3 LSU the next... both at home. We were a final practice.

This team has the potential, we just have to put it all together. It's been frustrating as hell for me....I can't even imagine what the players are thinking.

Were you at the game?  More than half of that record crowd was wearing orange and blue.

I agree with your last statement. I'm frustrated as well, but to ridicule them constantly without one mention of the situations is dishonest. It's like saying the Yankees suck because they are 4th in the AL East, but failing to mention that Jeter, A-Rod, and Tex are all on the DL and they  have played TB, Boston, the Angels, and Phillies all during that stretch.

• Content Count:  1,390

To be honest I could not make it. I am normally at most home games but was not able to make this one due to schoolwork. I followed along online since we do not get BHSN in the dorms.

And I know it seems like all I do is ridicule, but this year has been frustrating, nobody can deny that. Preseason ranking, most of our core returning, preseason pitcher of the year, and a top 2 big east finish were among the many things this team brought into the season, yet they have not delivered like they should.

The last 3 years the team has been called a team to watch...yet have not quite lived up to its potential. Coach prado is great and I truly believe that we will continue to be better while he is here and with the new facilities, but this year has been the biggest disappointment. Could you imagine where we would be if Barbosa didn't fall into our lap?

Teams like Pitt, Rutgers and UConn have experienced breakout seasons despite playing in similar facilities to ours and in states where hs baseball is not nearly as strong and the talent pool isn't deep. The Big East currently has 2 teams in the NCAAs and 2 more firmly on the bubble, and yet USF is not a single one of them.

Overall the team has disappointed and you can not solely blame injuries because every team faces them throughout the season. It is shocking we do not have the depth to recover from these injuries as well.

It is pointless to argue over this because we are both students with extreme passion for USF baseball which is something rarely found at this school. I will continue to support and go to all the home games I can and look forward to opening up next season in a brand new ballpark. And please don't think that all I do is ridicule, its just that there has not been a ton of positives going on lately... I'm about as passionate a college baseball fan as there is out there and all I want is to travel and see my Bulls in a regional or hopefully further one day.

(Sorry for poor writing. I'm posting from my phone.)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

Just to make matters worse.  Their starting pitcher had logged a total of 4 innings going into that game last night.   

The good news, we got to see what a real baseball team looks like.  Kind of like going to see the Bulls play basketball against the top Big East teams.

I just got really, really pi$$ed in the bottom of the first.  First guy makes an out for USF.  The second guy walks.  So what does the 3rd batter do?  Swings at the first pitch and grounds into a double play.  Way to work the count.  I couldn't believe it. 

But Florida did so many things right.  Started a runner on 1st, our 2nd baseman covers and the hitter grounds one through the space vacated by our 2nd baseman.  Just really, really good playing.  And they did it twice.

Archived