• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT - New stadium (no not for USF)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Waste of money.

spoken like a real cheapskate

it isnt a waste if you can afford it

Or, in the case of California, borrow it...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

St. Xavier High School (Louisville, Kentucky) Trinity High School (Louisville, Kentucky) 31-30-2 1956 Dubbed the "St. X/Trinity Game", is one of the five biggest high school rivalries in the nation, according to USA Today and has been labeled the "best prep school rivalry in the country" by Sporting News. Played at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, it has drawn more than 35,000 spectators in each of the last ten matchups. Part of the Great American Rivalry Series internet broadcast for several years, the game is also listed in Game of the Year: 50 Years of the Greatest High School Football Rivalry in America.

Alumni of both schools schedule their vacations around the September game. These are the biggest Catholic schools in the state. The biggest schools in the state, period. Both are all male high schools. They dominate large school class 6A (formerly 4A).Trinity has won 7 of the last 10 state titles in the big school class (19 titles overall). St. X won 2 (14 overall) of the 3 that Trinity lost and are the defending champs. They played each other in the championship 4 times during that stretch, each game drawing more that 20,000 fans (of course up until last year, the finals were held in Louisville). St. X dominated the 90's winning 4 titles. The schools compete in academics as well. I've seen no rivalry like it.

Ft. Thomas Highlands (19 state championships and the nations #2 team last year) can't draw like these 2 do but their fans are rabid as well. I've been to games at both Trinity and Highlands and they are events, not just games, but Trinity is special. Marshall Field is the only high school stadium I've been to that has private box seating.

Highlands has a jumbo-tron. Bird vision. They get to the stadium hours before a Highlands game and tailgate like they were at a college event. I've not seen anything like that down here. All of these teams play on field turf.

Archived